Prologue

My first ever summer camp in a university how fun... Please note the sarcasm, I wasn't excited at all. In fact, I didn't even want to be there. That week before, actually, since my mom and my counselor told me I was going to Bayside University for a leadership program, I was mad. I kept wishing I wasn't going because I knew I wasn't going to have fun or so I thought...

The night before leaving for the trip, I went to P.F. Chang's with my parents to eat and thanks to my dad being so chatty and friendly with the waiter, we got extra fortune cookies and here's what happened when I opened them. The first fortune said, "summer" and the other one said "boy". As soon as I saw that, I looked at my parents and started laughing. "Why are you laughing so much?" My dad asked me curiously. "Here. Ju-just take a look at this." I told him shaking my head in disbelief. "Isn't that like summer love basically? You don't think-- oh my god." I said laughing nervously handing them over to my mom.

I just couldn't believe what was right in front of me. As a girl that believes in true love and is a hopeless romantic, I can assure you that I suddenly got just a little excited for the trip. However, since I was going on two separate college trips, I suddenly wondered in which one this possible fortune would occur and if it would come true.