Chapter 13

Author's note:

I just want to thank you guys for joining me on this amazing journey called A Touch Of Summer Love. It has been a very intense & emotional rollercoaster and I'm truly blessed that I can say yes, this is not a fiction book, it all happened to me. This is officially the last chapter of this book so make sure to re-read, vote for all chapters, and give some final feedback. I'm so sorry for having been gone this whole summer but life got in the way and I didn't have the motivation to write. I needed a break; as I said in last night's message, from all social medias. But fortunately, I'm back and better than ever! Happy reading Xo.

- - - - - - - - - - -

And so the final countdown began. The most painful, emotional, irrelevant, and drama-filled year was seconds away of coming to an end and fading into the past as yet another year that flew by at the blink of an eye. The only difference would be that this year [2015], I met someone who half way through it, turned my world completely upside down. And not to mention, the thought of this being graduation/ prom year made a burst of adrenaline rush through my body preparing me for what was to come this upcoming year and of course, for the final countdown.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 

3... 

2... 

1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And with that, my clock turned to January 1st, 2016 12:00am. I wonder what this year has to offer...

In the hype of it all; the jumping, the tears, the screams, the hugs, the illegal lanterns floating everywhere lighting up the dark skies, the fireworks and not to mention the adrenaline running through my veins, I picked up my ringing phone, responded to all of my family's New Year messages to us since they still had an hour left until their celebration and proceeded with sending Nicho a "happy new year" message despite his clock striking 11:00.

NEW! iMessage to: Nicho

Me: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST 2016 IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO MUCH ✨❤️🎉🎉

Nicho: HAPPY NEW YEAR. CANT WAIT TO DEAL WITH EVERYTHING COMING THIS YEAR KNOWING I'LL HAVE U MAYBE 402937 MILES BY DISTANCE. BUT 0 BY HEART, ILYYMMM, U DESERVE AN AWESOME YEAR W JOY & POSITIVITY

.

.

Me: So now that it's 2016 for me, will you go to prom with me?

Nicho: Yessss

.

.

So Nicholas Spade, the guy I grew close to in just 5 days, was now going to be my prom date. In just five days we can meet someone who makes our head spin, our stomach turn into knots, and our heart beat a little bit faster with that simple 'ding' that our phone makes. In just 6 months we grew closer than with some people we had been friends with for years. We told each other secrets we didn't even know we kept from each other and ranted night and day. We also FaceTimed whenever we could and fell asleep mid-conversations; well, I did and the next day he would make fun of me for it, and we would continue as if nothing had happened. But who would've thought right? That a wrong and apparently funny response to a question could bring two complete strangers together and the universe then would take charge to make sure they stayed together.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder what else will be in store for me...

Confessions?

Meeting again?

Prom?

Perhaps a kiss? My first kiss?

Who knows... Anyways, here's my final 2k15 wish for the universe for this new "up and coming" year:

Dear 2016,

Please treat me well, surround me with the best people yet, and get rid of the ones who do me no good.

Sincerely;

Taylor Willards.

And finally...

To Nicholas Spade;

May we meet again... I love you...

- - - - - - - - - - -

Once again, thank you so much for reading my book. I really enjoyed writing it and getting feels re-living all of it as I published. Happy reading Xo. I hope you love the ending to this... but just a small fyi, this is not the end of Taylor Willards and Nicholas Spade. It's only just the beginning.