Let's Remix This Business.

Stacie's POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of laughing. I rolled over and saw the pitch pipe propped up in the box with the note beside it. Lily was sitting on her bed looking at caskets on amazon. "So I'm actually the Bella captain until Aubrey comes back?" I asked her. "That's if she does come back!"

"Yeah Stace! We need to practice though because 2 months after the Riff Off are regionals! Beca has the set ready and we need to leave Aubrey a part for if she comes back." She looked at me. "What colour casket would you like?" I looked at her in shock.

"Let's get to rehearsals!" I said as I grabbed my Blackberry and a change of clothes. We walked down to see Chloe, Beca and Fat Amy there already.

"What up captain?" Beca asked me enthusiastically. "Ready to win the riff off?"

"I could do without Aubrey's cardio plan for the next couple of years!" Fat Amy said.

Beca played the mix we would be using for regionals. It was a mash up of, Die Young and Heart Attack.

"Wow Beca that's amazing!" Lily said. "Aubrey would never let you do that!" I turned to her.

"I have the Pitch pipe and I say we do this!" I said mimicking Aubrey. "Aca-scuse Me?" I added for good measure. We burst out laughing. The rest of the Bellas walked in whilst we were mimicking Aubrey even more. It was Chloe's turn.

"Would you get you head out of your ass? It's not a hat!" She said using the hand gestures as well. Then Cynthia Rose joined in.

"My dad always says if a first you don't succeed, pack your bags!" We fell onto the chairs whilst laughing madly. I stopped laughing when I saw Charlie and Jasmine staring at us.

"What?" I asked them. Jasmine spoke up.

"Aubrey never said any of that!" She scolded.

"You had to be there last year!" Jessica explained. Chloe finished for her.

"Two years ago when Aubrey and I were juniors, we were Bellas under a girl named Alice and she was extremely strict. Aubrey took it to heart while I just became perky. Aubrey has always had stress vomiting, Alice stressed her out so much that in the ICCAS finals at the end of her solo Aubrey puked all over the crowd and Alice spent the whole summer training her to be a good Bella leader. Aubrey used to be just like me but after that boot camp the Aubrey I knew was hidden behind a barriers of concrete, steel and brick! Uni has always been the only one who can get to see the old Aubrey! These are a variety of phrases Aubrey used last year when she totally lost it!"

"Now I get it!" Charlie exclaimed.

"I think that's enough of that!" I said. "We will win the Riff Off without practice!" I grabbed my bag. "Coffee on me!" I shouted. We ran to Starbucks and sat at a round table. We decided to show Charlotte and Jasmine the video of the rehearsal last year when Aubrey puked and had to wrestle Chloe for the pitch pipe. I scrolled through my videos until I found it.

They looked at my phone for the five minutes of chaos. When Lily fell into Aubrey's vomit they both cringed.

"That was before we did music from this century!" I told them. "Well let's call it a day! See you at the old pool at nine!" I said as I walked off. I met Donald by the old tree and he walked me over to his dorm.

"How did practice go?" He asked me as we walked in the door.

"We spent an hour doing Aubrey impressions!" I said trying not to laugh.

"You know Stace, she really has changed!" He said as he put Mean Girls into the DVD player.

"Aubrey Posen the stressy, traditionalist has changed?" I asked him. "Stop messing with me!" I said as he sat down next to me.

"I'm serious! Last night she and Uni had been out in the rain and when the came back in" he paused for a moment. "She was smiling!" He said.

"Your glasses were foggy! No way in hell was Aubrey smiling!" I said as I snuggled into his chest.

"You'll find out as soon as you lose the Riff Off!"

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

"Fine, whatever! But I'm telling you she has changed!" After that I went to sleep on his shoulder.