The Pitch Pipe.

Stacie's POV

"How come you have not heard a Michael Jackson song?" I shouted at them. "Aubrey's never gonna let us hear the end of it!"

"Stacie what is wrong with you?" Beca asked me. "You seem to have become an Aubrey clone!" I sighed.

"Sorry guys! There's just too much stress!"

We looked up to see Aubrey and Uni walking out of the pool. "I guess it's the fact of holding the Pitch Pipe! You become more stressed because all the weight Is on your shoulders! I'm sorry if I went psycho Aubrey on you!" They pulled me into a group hug. "I better go return this!" I pointed at the pitch pipe. "See you at practice tomorrow!"

I walked to Aubrey's dorm with the Pitch pipe in hand. I knocked and waited for her to answer. When she opened it she was in a pair of purple pyjamas. "Stacie! I wasn't expecting you! Come in." I walked in and I was met with a world that was nothing like the Aubrey I thought I knew. The bookshelves were filled with fiction instead of law books, there were posters of The Script and Paramore and the films instead of being classics which I assumed Aubrey was obsessed with were comedies and chic flicks. Though the floor and desk were spotless which showed that she was still the same Aubrey.

"I saw you at the riff off!" I said. "You're probably gonna have a go at us for being unable to name one Michael Jackson song!" I bowed my head in shame. When I looked up I was met with a sympathetic face instead of one that says 'I'm gonna kill you!'.

"It's fine Stace don't worry about it! Everyone has their bad days! You just need to forget them and move on!" She replied. Hang on am I sure this is Aubrey and not some freshman who happens to look exactly like her? "Stacie are you ok? You look pale!" I snapped back to reality.

"Yeah I came to return this!" I said as I held out the pitch pipe.

"Thank you Stacie! " she said as she took it and placed It on a shelf. "How's Chloe?" That's one thing I didn't expect to come from her mouth at that moment in time.

"She's good! She has really missed you though!" I replied. I saw a tear run down her face. I decided to change the subject. "How's Uni?" She looked at me.

"He's fine! Got a cold from last night though!"

"What did you do last night?" I asked as if we hadn't been spying on them out of the window.

"We were outside in the rain and he was saying about how I change around you guys!" She said as she tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. I couldn't help but notice five crescent marks on her face. I looked closer and they looked exactly like finger nail marks.

"Aubrey what is that on your face?" I asked her. She was silent. I waited for three minutes before I got a reply.

"Well thanks for coming!" She said as she ushered me out of the door. "See you tomorrow!" She closed the door.

I went to Chloe and Beca's dorm to ask Chloe what was wrong with Aubrey. I knocked and Chloe opened the door immediately. She signalled for me to come in. Jesse was sitting next to Beca as she worked on a new mix. I sat next to Chloe on her bed.

"I just went to give Aubrey the pitch pipe when I noticed five crescent shaped marks on her face. What are they?" Chloe looked at her feet as if she didn't want to tell me. "Chloe. I'd feel better about keeping it a secret if you told me what they are!" Jesse turned around in Beca's swivel chair.

"What?" He asked Chloe. "Please Chlo!" He added.

"I'm really worried about her!" I persuaded.

"A few days ago Alice came back and told Aubrey she was a disappointment as you know! Alice smacked Aubrey so hard that her nails dug into her cheek! Chloe had to clean the marks out! Now you both know!" Beca said. I got a text from Lily.

'Donald is at our dorm! He wants to see you!'

"Donald wants to see me! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I said as I walked out the door.