S I X

i dress up in some clothes that are comfortable enough to be stuck in a flying metal box for 4 hours but also very cute. i put my hair up in a quick messy bun and touch up my makeup in the mirror.

i probably look like a complete mess because for the past nights i haven't been getting much sleep. it's really not good for me. i'm surprised i don't have grey hairs yet from all this stress.

"are you ready?" kaitlyn peeks her head in through the door.

"yeah," i smile and try to seem energetic and pumped.

"we have to get to sam's place quick so we're not late to the airport."

"and why would we need to do that?"

"so you can get closure or something with jack."

my face immediately falls. just the mention of him makes me shiver. "i already talked to him" i say flatly and emotionless.

"what? what'd he say?" she asks frantically.

i shake my head and keep my it low but, as i'm about to walk past her and through the door, she grabs my arm lightly.

"are you okay? what happened?"she whispers. you can see her eyes filled with concern.

"yes, i'm fine."i partially lie.

i actually feel really, really bad. last night was totally out of hand, plus i haven't told anyone about it. it's been slowly eating me alive. i feel so guilty now when i'm around brandon. i'm not sure if i should even tell him or not.

i mean, me and him aren't dating but, we do have a connection. i just don't feel it's necessary for him to know. but at the same time, i feel like it is.

"okay," she drags out as if she's not convinced. "you know you can always tell me about anything and i'll be here."

"i know. thank you for that." i smile again.

"anything for you, my darling." she fakes a british accent to lighten the mood before pulling me into a hug.

"i love you."

"i know." she smirks and sways us back and forth.

we both laugh lightly at each other.

i don't know what i would do without her.

+

"group b and c may now start to board the plane." the flight attendant calls, after what felt like hours of waiting at our gate.

kaitlyn squeals from excitement and let's go of sam's hand. sam notices her action and abruptly wakes up.

"what's going on?" he wipes his eyes and stretches.

"we can board the plane now, silly!" she squeals once again. she's so excitable, it's cute. she's like a little puppy.

i get up from the firm, leather chair of the airport and grab my purse.

i didn't bring much. only one medium sized suitcase and my purse. on the other hand, kaitlyn brought one large luggage, and a backpack. she said she needs lots of 'options'.

"i got it." i hear that very familiar voice come from behind me.

jack comes next to me and grabs my suitcase before i do.

"no," i say suddenly like i panicked. he looks at me worryingly. what is up with me today?

"no, i can do it." i fix myself, this time calmer.

"are you sure? i can-"

"jack, it's just a suitcase." i sigh and walk away with the luggage before he can protest.

i take a deep breath of relief. i feel like it's hard to breathe around him. the tension between us is so thick, it's almost hard being around him. i guess i have to get used to it if i'm going to be stuck with him for 3 weeks.

"are you ready?" brandon asks as i approach him in line. his arm goes around my waist and i feel him lightly pull me to his side.

"yeah." i sound so fake right now. i'm talking like i'm super bored and miserable and trying to fake my excitement. i'm just exhausted.

he looks at me concerned but doesn't budge it.

all of us board the plane at the same time and all take our seats that are somewhat close to each other.

+

me and brandon have just been discussing about what to do in miami. even though i said to just go with whatever feels right, however, he likes to plan everything ahead and make everything organized. you would think it was the other way around but, life is full of surprises.

as we're bickering, we get interrupted by that same icy voice.

"could you guys keep it down?" jack harshly asks. he mumbles something under his breath as he turns back around in his seat.

"what's his problem?" brandon mumbles.

"i heard that, dickhead." jack's cold voice says, once again.

why is he all of a sudden so heated? it's weird how fast his mood changes. first, he's offering to drag my suitcase and now he's calling people dick heads.

he's so frustrating. i can't stand him.

super short chapter but mIND OF MINE CAME OUT TODAY, HELL YEAH

{vote, comment, & share}