E L E V E N

"no way," i say as johnson tells everybody about this crazy, unbelievable, yet true story about the 'adventures' he would have in high school and summer. all of our laughters combined sound through the restaurant.

after jack and i bickered about who would cook breakfast, johnson had the bright idea to just go out. so here we are now, inside of a empty, small breakfast diner.

it feels like we've only been here for 30 minutes when really we've been here for almost 2 hours, just telling stories and laughing at each other.

this whole time brandon hasn't talked to me once. he's made eye contact with me, but would instantly look away. he didn't even sit next to me. he sat across from me. i don't get why he's behaving this way. he's being completely childish.

i lean back in my chair and look to my left and see derek still concentrating on johnsons stories. i take my gaze away from derek and look to my right.

jack clenches his jaw before smiling. he's probably reminiscing on what johnson is talking about. every single story johnson has told, had jack in it. whether he was the smallest part, or the biggest. they're practically joined at the hip. they've never left each other ever since kindergarten. their friendship is longer than some peoples lives.

"what are we doing today?" i ask as the laughter dies down. everyone's eyes snap to me as i say so, it almost makes me shrink in my seat.

"we could go to the sea aquarium." kaitlyn buoyantly suggests. 

"what's there to see?" jack chimes in.

"there's dolphins, orcas, and all those kind of animals."

"i love orcas!" sophia says.

i have no idea why she loves them so much but, everyone has their preferences.

"that sounds fun." i chirp and smile. at the same time jack says 'childish'.

i look over at him and he has a frown on his face. "why do you say that?" i question.

"kids go to the zoo, we're not 10 year olds."

"correction: we're going to the sea aquarium not a zoo." johnson says with his chin up.

"same difference." jack grimaces.

i roll my eyes. what's so bad about going to see a bunch of animals. there's nothing wrong with bringing out your inner kid.

"let's do it." i say.

brandons gaze goes toward me and i feel his eyes like a hawk. i want to talk to him after this and maybe make up. this silent game is ridiculous.

"alright let's go!" sophia abruptly stands up and takes out her wallet to leave a tip. everybody gets up and grabs their belongings.

as we walk out of the empty diner, jack passes by me, leaving me and brandon behind alone.

i really hope he says something first. i don't want to be the one who speaks up first especially since i didn't even do anything. he was simply over exaggerating. i'm willing to forgive him but i want him to put some effort into it. i'm not just going to fall into his arms immediately.

i hear him sigh next to me. "i'm sorry." he barely gets out.

"hmm?"

"i'm sorry for fighting with you and calling you those names." he says clearer.

"brandon, you-"

"please forgive me." he begs.

"i can't just forgive you like that."

"please, talk to me then."

"what do you mean 'talk to me'? you're the one who was ignoring me!"

he blinks and seems taken aback by my tone. thank god no one else heard that because they further ahead.

"i know," he sighs again. "and i'm sorry, i didn't think before i was saying any of that, i was just,"

he stops and tries to look for the words. "just what?" i egg on him.

"i don't know. i just wasn't thinking."

"do you mean it?"

he facial expression goes from concern to soft. his eyebrows raise, but in a sad way. "baby, of course i do."

he stops us in the middle of the parking lot and grabs my hands. i looked down at them as they're intertwined.

"i don't like fighting with you." i say quietly.

"i don't either." he sighs but his eyes still remain on me.

we probably look crazy right now because we're just in the middle of the parking lot holding hands and staring at each other. well, him staring at me. i don't want to look him in the eye for some reason. he was just so intimidating and aggressive, and now he's gentle and timid.

"ride in my car with me?" he asks, rubbing my arms up and down with his large hands. "please?" he begs after i stay silent.

"fine."

his face lights up as i give in. he smiles wide and wraps his arm around my waist as we walk back to his car.

+

brandon copies my actions as i exit the car and we walk up hand in hand to the entrance. everyone is already walking ahead of us.

"i'm actually really excited for this." i exclaim as we both walk into the attraction.

"really? it's just a bunch of animals that live in the ocean."

"that's why i'm excited."

"to be honest, i would much rather be doing something else," i feel his hand slowly slither down to my butt.

"stop." i push his hand away and grimace at him. we just made up like an hour ago and his hormones are already all over the place.

"wow," i hear jacks voice as we enter the first exhibit- the sharks. "this is awesome." he adds.

he looks so astounded by the creatures. his eyes are lit with curiosity and pure amazement. his mouth hangs comfortably open as he gapes at the sharks.

on the other hand, brandon is just standing next to me on his phone. he said that he has seen them many times before on television and is not interested at all.

this may sound kind of wrong, but i wish i was with the person who actually looks like he's having fun.

{vote, comment, & share}

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG I'M SORRY BUT I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED!