T E N

"come here." jacks raspy, tired voice says. instead of asking me what's wrong, he opens his arms for me and i do with slight hesitation. my arms wrap around his torso and i bury my face into his chest. his touch still gives me slight shivers.

"please don't cry." he runs his large, rough hand up and down my back to try and soothe my cries. all he's doing is holding me, in a friendly way, but it still makes me feel so comfortable.

i almost whine when he let's go of me, but he instantly put his hands on both of my shoulders and holds me at arms length as he stares deeply into my eyes. "what happened?"

i shake my head as i feel the tears slowly start to dry up. "could i just stay, um, with you?" i shyly ask, as my eyes dart to the floor. i probably sound so needy and desperate but, i don't care right now.

"yeah, of course." he takes his hand off of my shoulders and makes way for me to enter his room. his voice is still hoarse and deep, like he just woke up.

he drops the things that were once on the other bed, onto the floor. i'm so glad he got the room with 2 beds and not one, because this would've been bad.

"do you need to, like, sleep in here?" his hand goes to the back oh his neck which makes his biceps bulge. oh wow. he's gotten more muscular since last year.

once i notice that i've been staring at just his arm. i need to stop. i take my eyes from it and look at his face. "yeah, if that's okay with you."

"of course it is." a sleepy grin creeps up onto his face.

my eyes look around his whole room as i begin to lay down on the bed. it's so much cleaner than what i thought it would be. then again, this is only the second night.

when my eyes rake to the side where his bed is, they partially widen.

how did i just now notice that he's shirtless? he got tanner and more muscular. it's nice to see that he's been working out. i feel like ever since last year, he's taken more care of himself. he looks healthier.

he turns off the light and returns to his bed. i hear his comforter being shuffled around before he speaks, "goodnight." his hoarse yet, soft voice says.

i don't say anything, but instead i turn my body so that my back is facing him.

i would've gone to kaitlyns room as my first choice, but she has sam with her. i didn't go to johnsons room either because that just didn't feel right. he's a great listener, and i know he wouldn't interrogate me or anything of that sort. he would just be there for me, but for some very odd reason my mind just skipped him. and of course i wouldn't choose derek or skate because i barely know them.

it's like my mind just completely forgot about everything and disconnected when i walked up to his room door. we just started to be friends today and he's already my first choice.

what is going on with me?

+

the sound of light snores fills my ears. i actually slept pretty well last night. not the best sleep i've had, but the best in awhile. my eyes slowly open and i turn so that i'm facing the other bed.

his body is lazily sprawled out on his side. his eyelashes fanned over his cheek and a natural frown on his lips.

somewhere deep, deep inside of me wants a body next to me, just to have something to hold or some kind of warmth with me. but i know it's not jim that i want next to me. it's brandon.

memories from last night flood my mind as i sit up. why was he so aggravated? i told him nothing was wrong, why didn't he believe me? i get it, i was lying, and there was something wrong but, why didn't he just leave it alone the first time i told him. i obviously didn't want to tell him in that moment. he should know that if something was wrong i would tell him sooner or later.

"good morning." jack hums while stretching. i look over at him and that frown is gone and is replaced with a sleepy grin.

"morning," i greet back, also giving him a smile.

even after stretching and closing his eyes again, the small smile is still plastered on his face. "what do you want for breakfast?"

"it's fine, i'll cook myself something."

"no, i insist." he shoots up in his bed as i move my legs and the comforter to stand up.

"i can cook my own breakfast."

"not today." he quickly stands up and walks to the bathroom.

we both enter the bathroom and he has a small smirk still on his face as he picks up his toothbrush and puts toothpaste on it.

"what?" i ask since i can practically feel his eyes burning through me as i also pick up my toothbrush.

he shrugs and begins to brush his teeth. i nudge him playfully with my shoulder as i put the toothbrush in my mouth.

he nudges me back, but this time with more force. his grin gets bigger as he does so.

i squint my eyes and can feel a smile creeping onto my face. so this is how he wants to play?

the whole time we were in the bathroom we would just be laughing and playing together even after we were done doing our normal morning routine. our light nudges turned into soft pushes, and i may have pushed him a little too hard that his head hit the wall. which resulted in more laughter and more shoving.

this whole time, i haven't even thought about brandon. he still has the power to make me laugh so hard that my bran disconnects from reality. i'm slowly starting to like being around him. he still makes me happy.

{vote, comment, & share}