E I G H T

i hear light knocks coming from the other side of my door which make my eyes flutter open.

"hey," kaitlyn slowly opens the door and peeks her head through.

"what time is it?" i groan. how long have i been asleep for?

"it's almost 7:30."

she steps in completely into my room, her full body coming into view. she's dressed up already with a pink bikini top, black ripped shorts and a floral cover up.

"why are you up so early?" i groan once again, turning my body over to lay on my stomach. when i feel that the bed is empty, my arm roams around, trying to find that same body that always sleeps next to me. "where's brandon?"

he's downstairs with the rest of the boys and, because i wanted to talk," i feel the bed dip next to me. "about jack." she nudges. i can tell she's smiling by the way she's talking.

"what about him?" i turn to face her, but i keep my eyes closed.

"well, actually two things. one, what did you guys talk about, and two, i didn't see him at all last night after we left."

"well, let's just say i finally got closure." i sigh. i know i sound bummed out, but i can't help it. of course, i wanted him to move on, but him actually saying that he has hurts.

"i need details." she giggles.

i tell her everything that has happened with every encounter i had with jack. i make sure to include everything as she listens completely.

"well, isn't that what you wanted? for him to get over you?"

"yeah," i breathe out. "your right, i shouldn't be moping. i should be happy that we've both gone our separate ways."

"i didn't say-"

"what are we doing today?" i ask, trying to dodge the topic of jack. i really shouldn't be focusing on him. i should be focused on me and getting some relaxation.

"we're going down to the beach. i'm not completely sure what we're doing there though other than swimming."

"well then, i'll start getting ready!" i force my voice to try and sound as enthusiastic as possible.

"eager much."

"yup, thats me!"

+

as me and kaitlyn walk down to the shore to meet the guys, we would here occasional whistles and cat calls from men. i'm somewhat used to
it since i'm with kaitlyn a lot. she's perfect. she has a flawless body and is gorgeous, while me on the other hand, am more curvy.

"hey baby," sam says to kaitlyn and puts his arm around her waist.

jacks pov+

god damn, she's beautiful. every inch, every curve is art. i could stare at her forever. she's so admirable and stunning. i just want to be able to hold her in my arms again. make he feel
comfort and love. i want to be the one to make her happy.

i miss having my arm around her stomach when we sleep at night, or when her thigh is wrapped around my torso, like i'm her body pillow. i miss making her cheeks red from complimenting her. i would make her so bashful.

i miss her body pressed against mine. i miss sharing those intimate moments. i miss making her moan my name or making her legs shake. i would do anything to get to hold her like that again. i want to be able to whisper sweet yet dirty stuff in her ear while we share those moments.

i miss laying with her, being exhausted after sex. how we would both be panting and both of our chests would be heaving up and down.

we were so good. why did i ever think that leaving her would be a somewhat good idea?

"stop eyeing my girl." brandon harshly demands as he intentionally bumps his shoulder with mine.

i scowl at him as he walks toward nova. i bet he can't love her like i could. he can't ever make her feel as good as i did.

he's so annoying and pathetic. everything about him annoys me, and i doubt it's jealousy. why would i be jealous of a prick like him.

he wraps his arm around her shoulders as they both walk toward the shore.

what kind of boyfriend puts their arm around her shoulders? oh wait, he's not even her boyfriend.

nova shoots me a warm closed mouth smile as they walk by, making the crinkles by her eyes and cheeks evident.

my heart flutters and my skin warms up. how does she have this affect on me? all she did was smile at me.

god, i'm pathetic.

"g!" johnsons voice is clear as he tries to get my attention.

"hmm?"

"did you not hear me at all?" he extends his neck and squints his eyes to emphasize.

"no, sorry." my hand goes to the back of my neck to scratch it out of nervousness.

what is wrong with me? why am i acting so weird? my palms are sweating and i feel so anxious. i literally feel like i'm going insane. all i can think about is her, all i can look at is her. she's all that's on my mind.

"gilinsky!" johnson snaps his fingers in my face, "why are you so distracted?"

"what? i'm not distracted."

"yes, you are."

"no, i'm not."

"who is it?" he changes the topic.

"who is what?"

"who's the one distracting you?" he smirks and nudges me. he wiggles his eyebrows up and down. why does he have to know everything?

"no one is." i lie.

"oh c'mon, i see how you're acting. you get all nervous and sweaty, it's weird."

"i'm acting the same was as i always do, what are you talking about."

"okay," he drags out, still smirking with his eyebrows raised. "whatever you say."

he slowly turns around and walks back to where we're all set up. i hate that he knows me so well. he always knows when something is up.

i look toward the shore see sam and kaitlyn. i never thought that sam would be the kind of guy that would date. especially for this long. it's almost been a year of them together, and he's still remained faithful. don't get me wrong, sam is a great guy, but he's usually the one to fuck them and leave after a day. i guess kaitlyn changed him for the better.

when i turn to look at everyone else, nova catches my eye one again. she's just laying there in the sun. her body has a natural glow to it, which is one of the many things i love about her. but, i still don't see the reason for her to tan. she has a skin tone other girls would go crazy for. she's beautiful the way she is.

"i knew it!" johnson exclaims, once again snapping me out of my trance.

"knew what?"

"it's nova isn't it?" he whispers.

all i do is shrug in response. there's no use to denying it, he'll figure out eventually.

"you like her, don't you."

my eyes still stay glued to her, "yeah."

{vote, comment, & share}