S I X T E E N

by the time kaitlyn and i get back to the penthouse, its already around 6. as we walk in we see the boys in the living room just chilling. when the door closes only jacks eyes look back. his face lights up as he sees me.

"i'm going to go get ready." i whisper to kaitlyn as she goes up to sam to hug him.

"ok, i'll be with you in a second." she says as she takes a seat next to sam.

i honestly do hope they last long. i always will want the best for her, and i know sam is perfect.

i grab my makeup bags and the clothes that i just bought and head to the bathroom to get ready i hope i won't be too under dressed. he told me to dress casually so this should be fine.

i don't really know how to feel about this whole date thing. i just got out of a 'relationship' last night and i'm already going out. of course i'm not over brandon yet. i really did have feelings for him. but after these few days my feelings for jack rekindled. jack was my first love, and i finally realize that i truly have never stopped loving him.

as i start to curl my hair, kaitlyn steps into the guest bathroom with me. "are you ready for your date?"

"i guess, yeah."

"why do you sound unsure?" she puts down the toilet lid and takes a seat so she can listen.

"i don't know... i don't even know if i'm ready to get back out there."

"then tell him that, i'm sure he'll understand."

"i know he will, but i do really want to go on a date with him but i don't want him to wait."

"if he really wants you, he'll wait." and with that she pats my shoulder as she gets up and exits the restroom.

+

i decided that i will go on that date with him because i do want to give it a chance. see if the feelings are as strong as they used to be. i really hope this date goes well because over the time that i've been spending with him i realized that maybe we weren't supposed to end.

i go out of kaitlyn's room and into the living room and there i see him, sitting on the couch. probably waiting for me.

"hey." i say and he looks behind him and immediately a smile appears on his face.

"hi." he stands up fixing his shirt. he looks me up and down as he approaches me. "you look beautiful."

"thank you, you look handsome yourself."

"well, shall we get going?" he holds out his arm so i can hook mine under.

we walk out and down to the entrance. usually we would stand and wait here for a taxi or some sort of transportation, but instead jack keeps walking.

"wait, don't they pick us up back there?"

"not today." he smirks.

"oh, we're walking?"

"nope."

"then what?"

"you'll see."

we walk into the parking garage and as he stops a car beeps next to us.

it was a beautiful mercedes benz that was probably one of the newer ones. it was a dark silver-ish chrome with tinted windows.

"what's this?" i ask still admiring the car. i turn around to look at him and he has a mercedes keys in his hand. "what?"

"this is our ride."

"what? how could you afford this?" i ask still astonished.

"oh, it's just rented for a few days."

i turn fully around so i'm completely facing him and place my hands on the hood of the car to lean on. "why?"

he steps forward to get even closer to me. "for us."

his minty breath fans over my lips. his face is nearly centimeters away from mine and for some reason i can't find it in me to move away. he leans in closer and closer and right as his lips are about to touch mine he puts his hand on the hood as well and the alarm goes off.

he mumbles curses as we back up off the car and he fishes in his pocket for the keys. he presses the button to turn it off.

"i guess we should get going now." i say walk to the passenger side and enter the car. he gets in on the other side and sticks the keys in the ignition. the fresh new car smell fills my nose.

the car ride was longer than i expected which made it more awkward than it already is. the only noise in the car was from the radio. we didn't talk much since there was nothing really to talk about. we already knew so much about each other.

we arrive at a deck over looking the beach. the deck had a roof and from it there were multiple scattered lightbulbs that were hanging from it. some here dangling lower than others.

he opens my door and i step out. we link arms again as he leads me to the table that is on the deck. there were already food and drinks set up on the table, and to top it all of, a red rose alone in a vase in the middle of the table.

"jack, this is absolutely amazing."

"only the best for the best." he flirts as he pulls out a chair for me to sit.

"how long have you been planning this for?"

"i've been planning on taking you out on a date like this, but now i finally had the chance to."

i look down at our plates and see one of my favorite foods. burgers and fries.

"you still love burgers right?"

"of course i do." i say as i stuff my mouth.

a light chuckle erupts from his beautiful mouth as he sees me 'chowning down'.

"so, what's been going on with you these past months?"

"not much, really. i've been volunteering at the hospital near my apartment since i am studying to be in the medical field."

"why don't you just work at the hospital?"

"i really just want to focus on school right now and working there would be a lot to handle. plus, my job right now is fine. what about you?"

"nothing big either. just trying to finish school."

"what are you going to do after college?"

"we'll just have to wait and see."

we?

{vote, comment, & share}