Chapter 4

"hello

"hello... Brother..." Chaos had a sickeningly, evilly happy look on his. Francoeur stepped back in fear as his brother stood there smiling.

"C-Chaos!" francoeur was beyond terrified at this point. Lucille could see it in the way he spoke, the way he was standing. "w-what did- what are-"

"i came by to say hi. it has been... what... about a week since our last meeting." he stepped in and closed the door behind him. Francoeur backed up more as he did his best to also keep Lucille hidden. "oh, hello Lucille. I am Chaos, Francoeur's older brother." he put one of my arms protectively around her.

"c-chaos..."

"what? i just came to talk." Francoeur kept Lucille behind him as another arm went around her.

"Francoeur... Its ok." Lucille stepped out from behind him. He reluctantly let her go.

"ah, Mademoiselle, its an honor." he bowed slightly and smiled a sickly sweet smile. "i do so enjoy your performances. the are lovely." he straightened up and looked at francoeur.

"thank you?" Lucille was confused as she looked at francoeur. He looked at her out the corner of his eye with worry.

"well brother. its a shame that i couldn't meet Lucille's boyfriend, Raoul i think his name was." Lucille stared at him with confusion. "but it seems he has gone missing. i wonder why Francoeur." She looked at Francoeur as he started to shake and quietly start chittering. "well, its obvious that, with careful planing, you kidnapped him. you got him far away."

"n-no..." Francoeur said in between chirps.

"yes, actually."

"Francoeur? did you?" She asked in disbelief.

"N-No! i didn't!"

"but you did. i watched it. i was coming to first introduce myself and, well, i saw him taking Raoul, who was unconscious, into the back o his truck.."

"why francoeur?" Lucille looked at him.

"I-I didn't! he is my friend!"

"its simple. he is head over heels in love with you, but you are with Raoul so he cant have you."

"francoeur..." she said weakly.

"Lucille, listen to me. I would never, not ever, take someone away from you." he turned his whole body so that he could see her whole face.

"but you did. You wanted her for yourself. He was in the way. if i knew where he was, i would take you but..." he showed fake sympathy.

"Lucille-"

"how could you..." she whispered and ran down the hall crying.

"LUCILLE!" he called out. he looked at chaos and his smug grin. Chaos left out the door and left him alone.