Chapter 5

Francoeur stood there all alone

Francoeur stood there all alone. 'chaos... why?' he thought as he closed the door. he walked to Lucille's room. He heard light crying through the door. he silently opened the door a bit and watched her crying on the couch. she was lightly calling out for Raoul. he waked over and put one of his hands on her shoulder. she shoved it off and told him to go away.

"Lucille..."

"go away! i hate you!" she cried harder. Francoeur took a step back, startled, but went to comfort her anyways.

"Lucille, please look at me..." she lifted her head and looked at him. he had a sad look on his face that spoke 'i am here for you'

"why did you?"

"i didn't. i never would. i want you happy and Raoul. you both are my friends."

"how do i know?" he paused as he looked at her.

"because you guys are all i have." she looked at him for a minute, knowing its true, and averted her gaze. Francoeur gathered her in his arms and held her for her own comfort. she cried a little more as Francoeur rocked her and hummed to her.

"Francoeur... will you lay with me?"

"if that is what you want." he stood up, still holding her, and layed her down. he layed down next to her. she snuggled into him and used two of his arms for a pillow. He hummed her to sleep as he cherished this moment that he can actually feel her. after she was in a deep sleep he got up and left the room quietly.

...

Lucille woke up to the sun shining in her face, but she was alone. she rubbed her eyes and stretched. she got up and left her room. when Lucille turned the corner, she collided with Francoeur and almost fell. Francoeur caught her before she fell to the ground. he smiled and she almost smacked him for leaving her alone. her arm was raised.

"this feels familiar."

"how so?"

"the first time we meet, you slapped me in the face, and all i did was keep you from hitting the ground." he smiled bigger as i laughed at the memory.

"did i ever say i was sorry?"

"not that i remember."

"then im sorry... for a lot." she thought of all the wrong she did.

"a lot? what is a lot?"

"like when i said i hated you..." he set her on her feet gently and smiled softly.

"you were upset. i understand."

"you do?"

"of course i do." He hugged her.

~saut de temps ~

~time skip~