Sides

AUTHOR'S DISCLAIMER: Benedict Cumberbatch may be portrayed in a rude manner in this story but I do not believe he would be like this in real life. Benedict is actually very very sweet and this is just a fictional story. Please do not think badly of my husband. Enjoy!

Tom hated when couples fought. He especially hated it when you and Benedict fought. He could tell you were on the verge of a breakup. He didn't want either of his friends to be upset, but sometimes things don't work out.

"That's it!" you shout while stomping out of Ben's house. "I'm leaving! And I'm not coming back!"

Tom was sitting on his front porch and could see your fight playing out.

Ben follows you outside, holding his stomach in laughter. "That's what you said last time," he retorts. "But, here you are, not even twelve hours later. I thought you were a woman of your word."

Your face begins to heat up. "How could you be so hot headed?"

"Actually, I think it's you who is hot headed, literally."

"Another thing, you're ignorant. I'm not going to deal with this anymore." You angrily take your keys out of your pocket and unlock your car.

"So," Ben says sarcastically, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow for more shouting!"

You tried to hold them in, but, as if on cue, your tears fell like a waterfall. Before Benedict could comment on your crying, you quickly got in your car and drove away. He didn't even try to chase you; he just went back inside his house.

Tom, however, ran right in front of your car, hoping you would stop. Thankfully, you did, even though you were about two centimeters away from his chest (A/N: sorry for using my American metric system :p I'm kinda too lazy to convert it).

"What the cuss word?" And yes, you actually said 'cuss word'.

"Park your car in my driveway," Tom demands.

"I can't," you insist. "I really need to go and-"

"Now."

***

Tom made you tell him literally everything that was happening between you and Ben. Some things made the water works start again but Tom comforted you through them all. It was hard for you to realize what was happening to your relationship.

"But I think I still love him," you finally finish talking. Out of no where, Tom begins to laugh. "What's wrong with you?" you snap.

"You shouldn't think you're in love," Tom says. "You should know. Love is involuntary." That got you to hush and listen. "I care for you both deeply and hate to see you like this. It seems like you don't have everything worked out. You need to actually sit down and talk with him."

"But," your voice croaks, "what if he starts to scream again?"

"I'll go with you," Tom decides. "If either of your tones change, I'll remind you that you're trying to have an adult discussion."

"Will you agree with my terms if I make a rash decision?"

"I'm afraid not," he shakes his head. "You two need a mediator, not a side taker."

You nod. "I'm really scared, Tom."

"I understand. But, this is the right thing to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if you want a part 2 (: °also, this looked longer in my notebook so sorry for a short story :S