#9

[A/N: Here begins the Adventures of Daddy Hiddles ! :) I hope you enjoy them.]

You toss and turn in your shared bed and decide to look at the clock. 1:37 AM. You groan and turn to look at your husband, Tom Hiddleston, who was fast asleep. You didn't want to wake him so you carefully remove the comforter to use the bathroom. It takes you a bit longer since you're nine months pregnant and expecting any day now. You finish using the bathroom and still struggle to fall asleep.
Tom notices and wraps his arm around your stomach. Or what he can, anyway. "Darling," he whispers "what's wrong? Is the baby coming?"
You sigh. "I'm not sure. I went to the bathroom because I couldn't sleep and it seems like I still can't but I don't know why -" you get a random sting of pain. "Tom, you don't have to squeeze my stomach every time you worry about me." You begin to stroke his hand with your thumb.
"I didn't squeeze your stomach," Tom sounded confused.
Your eyes become wide. "I think we need to go to the hospital right now."
Tom carefully gets you into the car while you inhale and exhale heavily to try to ignore the pain. "We'll be at the hospital really soon. Just keep breathing and everything will be okay." You don't reply since you're focused on breathing. Tom isn't speeding but since it's so late, there's no one on the road which helps you get to the hospital faster.
You're still breathing with your contractions being two minutes apart. Tom strokes your hair as you wait for the doctor to tell you it's time to go in the delivery room. You look at him with a soft smile. "It's going to be okay," you reassure him. "And once this is over, they'll be a little one added to our family."
"Little one." Tom chuckles. "That won't be it's name, will it?"
You laugh too. You two never thought of a name or even bothered to see what gender your child was. "Have you thought of anything? I guess a name just slipped my mind."
Tom shrugs. "I think I need to see it before I just choose a name, you know?"
You nod. "Seems fair-" your contractions are no longer apart. "Get the doctor, quick."
**
5:48 AM. You lay on your bed with your husband and newly born son. Tom kisses your forehead. "What should we name him?"
You rest your forehead on Tom's. "I'm not sure."
Tom strokes his son's hand. "I've always liked the name Colin."
You smile. "And both of our father's have the name James, whether it's their first or middle name. What do you think of Colin James?"
Your baby hiccups. "Colin James Hiddleston," Tom repeats. "I think it fits."
You kiss Tom. "I love you both."
"We love you too." Tom closes his eyes. "Get some sleep, mommy. You deserve it."
You smile at the use of the word 'mommy'. "I will. Goodnight, you two." You kiss Colin on the head and hand him to Tom to be put in his crib. You close your eyes and fall asleep rather quickly, with a smile on your face, happy to have two of the most wonderful boys you'll ever have in your life by your side.