#14

[A/N: just thought ; what would Loki be like around the holidays? Hope this one shot goes well and comment if you think I should do more Loki one shots :) ]
Background: Loki has been King of Asgard for almost a year and Thor suggested they try having Earthly holidays like Christmas to keep the citizens happy. You have been a servant of Loki for a couple months and are the only person who is not afraid of him because of his past.

It was three days before this new Christmas holiday and things in Asgard couldn't be better. Loki was not as bad a king as everyone thought he was going to be. He takes his responsibilities very well and pleases most people.
You knock on his door with a tray of his breakfast with your free hand. "May I come in?" you question. First rule of being a servant, always wait for a response.
"You may enter," you hear Loki on the other side. You enter and see him studying the pine tree in the corner of room. "[Y/N]?" He doesn't take his eyes off the tree.
"Yes, my lord?" You set his tray on his bed side table.
"Why did my brother place this tree in everyone's room? And why does it have these shiny balls on them?" He reaches for an ornament but pulls his hand away, fearing it may harm him.
"Well sir," you walk toward the tree, "the tree is to put presents under. And those decorations are to make the tree look less boring. I believe on Earth they call them ornaments. Sometimes they even make their own."
Loki circles the tree, his hand rubbing his chin. "Why would you put presents under the tree?"
"I believe to keep them in a safe place before Christmas Day. But sir, are you going to eat your breakfast?"
Loki turns around and notices the tray. "Ah, yes yes. But there are still so many things I don't understand. Like, why are they using this fat man as an idol who rewards everyone with these presents?"
You chuckle and place the tray in front of him. "Why don't I explain while you eat?" He growls but agrees to anyway.
Whatever question he has you are able to answer, most easier than others.
Loki finishes his meal and Q&A session. "Thank you," he mumbles while you walk out of his room.
"I'm sorry sir?" You walk back into his room.
He clears his throat. "Thank you for explaining everything to me."
You give him a light smile. "It was my pleasure. And don't forget; the rehearsal for the ball is tonight."
He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Right," he groans. "Will you be attending this ball?" A little bit of hope hints in his question.
"Yes sir, I'll be serving meals throughout the night," you reply, not noticing if he had just asked you to attend with him.
"Of course," he looks down. "You are dismissed."

>Fast Forward to the night of the ball/Christmas Night<
You arrive in the kitchen, where all servers were told to meet a half hour before the ball started.
"[Y/N]?" Another servant gets your attention. "You've been summoned." He leads you to the throne where Loki sits holding a box with a bow on it. "Good luck," the server whispers before heading to work.
You ignore his comment and approach Loki with a smile. "How may I help you, sir?" He says nothing and hands you the box. "Do you need me to....deliver this to someone?"
A smile sneaks on his face while he shakes his head. "It's for you. Open it."
You do as you're told. Inside is a beautiful blue gown and a note card that reads: You are dismissed from your services.
"Dismissed?" You ask, stunned. "Did I do something wrong?"
Loki stands with more confidence than before. "It would be inappropriate of me, a king, to be accompanied by a servant. But seeing that you no longer work for me makes it appropriate for you to accompany me. And I believe that that dress will look stunning on you."
You stand in shock, looking from Loki to the dress then back at Loki. "Did you just release me from your services to become your date?"
Loki looks at the clock then gives you a smile. "You have approximately twenty-five minutes to change and return by my side."
You laugh lightly. "Right away, sir," you say before heading toward a bathroom.
Loki grabs your arm to turn you around. "Please, call me Loki," he winks before letting you go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[A/N: Hope you enjoyed this one shot(comment if you think I should do more Loki chapters), thank you for over 5K reads on this book, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas^.^]