#11

You sat on your couch cuddling your sleeping son. It was only a few days before Christmas and your family had been preparing for two weeks. Your husband, Tom, had gotten the whole month off of work to spend time with the you before his schedule becomes full again.
He comes home with groceries in his hands and a smile on his face. "[Y/N]!" Tom calls for you. "I've got a surprise for Colin! Where are you?"
You have no way to respond without waking your peaceful child. You carefully pick up your 3 year old and walk to your husband. "What's up?" you whisper and gesture to the sleeping child.
Tom gives you a his I'm-sorry-for-yelling-and-almost-waking-Colin-again look and pulls sprinkles out of one of the bags. "I thought we could make some sugar cookies and decorate them," Tom whispers.
You smile at him. "Then let's surprise Colin with freshly baked treats."
You and Tom put Colin in his room and begin making a batch of cookies. At first, you thought things were running smoothly. You got the liquid and powder ingredients separated like the instructions had said. But before you could mix the two, Tom tripped, causing the powder ingredients to fly in the air and eventually fall all over the both of you. You couldn't help but to burst out in laughter while rubbing powder away from your eyes. Tom does his lovable laugh too as you both fall on the floor and hold your stomachs.
"Store bought cookies?" You barely utter your words through your laugh fit.
Tom tries to calm himself down and nods. "Let's just make gingerbread houses Christmas Eve."
"Deal," you stand up and try to start cleaning up. Tom distracts you by grabbing your waist and kissing you. "What was that for?" you ask with a smile.
"I love you," he says simply.
"I love you too," you say before kissing him again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[A/N: probably will be writing winter/Christmas one shots until Christmas Day c: Hope you enjoy them^.^]