30) Masquerade Part 2

Noah glanced at Isabella as if asking for her permission, to which she nodded.

The stranger put his hands on Isabella's waist while Isabella on his shoulders, keeping a respectful distance between them.

"Hello, pretty lady. I'm Xavier Anderson.", the stranger-Xavier introduced.

"Hey," Isabella mumbled shyly. "I'm Isabella Rose."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady," He complimented, a charming smile on his face.

"Thank you. Don't mind me asking but have we met before? You seem familiar," She asked.

"No. I don't think we've met before," Xavier continued, "But maybe you've met my brother, Zachary."

Isabella's eyes widen at this.

Zachary Anderson and Xavier Anderson are brothers. Hmmm... No wonder why they both are so damn hot, Isabella thought.

"Well, haven't met him but more like talked to him on phone," She said.

Now it was Xavier's turn to widen his eyes at this information. "Are you, by any means, the famous Bella?" he asked.

"Umm.. What do you mean by that?", Bella asked, confused.

"Aren't you Zach's Isabella, the one he won't stop talking about?" he asked.

"What? Zachary talks about me?" she asked, blushing.

"No. The question should be when he doesn't talk about you! All the time he's like Isabella this, Isabella that," Xavier said.

Isabella's face turned crimson at this piece of information.

"Cute. Just like when you named your fish 'Fish'," he laughed, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Oh God. He told you that too? I'm gonna kill him. He can't keep his mouth shut," she mumbled, embarrassed.

"Yeah. He can't keep his mouth shut...about you." He winked.

"So, is he here at the party too, seeing you are here?" she asked, changing the subject.

Xavier's playful and mischievous expression turned serious.

"No. He's not here," he answered.

"Why?" she asked.

"You should ask him that yourself when you talk to him," he said.

"Okay," Isabella said.

"Anyways. It was lovely to meet you, pretty lady. Hope to see you again. Soon hopefully." He winked.

Isabella chuckled and said, "It was nice to meet you too, Xavier."

The party turned out to be good, refreshing even. Isabella felt somewhat relieved that Zachary wasn't there. She wasn't ready to face him yet.

. . .