45) Meeting Dad

Zachary was standing outside Mister Parkinson's home and he was contemplating that whether he should ring the doorbell or he should go back home. His palms were sweaty. He was rather nervous to meet her dad and it wasn't like he was gonna ask for Isabella's hand in marriage.

After a pep talk to himself, he gathered enough courage to ring the door bell and he rang it quite hurriedly so that he doesn't back away last minute.

Isabella opened the door and hugged Zachary.

"I'm very nervous." Zachary whispered in her ear, still in the middle of embrace.

"Don't be. My dad doesn't kill at first meeting." She whispered back, and broke the embrace, chuckling.

They interlaced their fingers and Isabella led the way to dining hall where her father was sitting at dining table, reading newspaper.

"Dad. Zachary's here."

He looked up to see Zachary standing at a respectable distance from Isabella.

Standing up, he walked towards them.
Zachary held his hand out to shake with Mr.Parkinson but instead of shaking hands, Mr.Parkinson hugged him, patting his back in a fatherly way.

Zachary was very surprised. He had thought that Isabella's father would be an intimidating man whose first question will be "what are your intentions with my daughter?", but he had clearly thought wrong.

The rest of the meeting went well. Isabella's dad was satisfied that Zachary was a good man. Zachary was happy that Isabella's dad was satisfied with him. Isabella was happy that both her dad and her boyfriend were happy.

. . .