chapter- 19

【ALEX  POV】"I choose you

【ALEX POV】
"I choose you..." I begin sighing.
She smirks but I hold my finger up so I can continue.
"We I would have a year ago, but guess what I've changed and I'm a better guy. I have lost interest in playing with girls, I've found the one for me and I'm sorry Selena but that most definitely isn't you!" I say looking her right in the eye.

Fear flashes infront of her eyes and she looks briefly startled and weak for a moment before composing herself. I broke through her walls, now she's not wanted by someone she's weak.

"So who do you choose?" She chuckles ignoring my entire speech and she just pushes her cleavage in my direction.
"Riley, or were you too thick to understand my entire speech?" I glare at her. Her face goes deathly pale and I turn towards the door.

"Walk out that door and we are over and I will ruin you." She yells at me mustering up the last amount of hatred and hope in her.
"Fine by me, we were never anything and unless you want a video of you threatening me everywhere I would leave!" I say before turning to her.

"Oh and get your garbage out of my house, and give Riley her Grandmas ring and the number of other things you have stolen." I say bluntly, whilst she stands there gob smacked.

Without further ado, I hurriedly make my way to my car.

I'm coming Riley, I won't be long.

-

After I pull up to the hospital car park I take a deep breath. I'm going into find Riley. As even after all my conflicting feelings and mixed signals, I chose Riley!

『RILEY POV』
As tears trail down my cheeks I just stare aimless and helplessly at the blue hospital walls.

The sounds of the waiting room have disappeared and all I can hear are the demons in my silence.

If this happens every time you love someone, why do we love people? When they just leave one day without a goodbye and never come back.

It hurts and then all we get is sympathy which fills the empty void in our hearts with regret and guilt and uselessness.

My head falls in my hands as I let out a sob, a warm arm wraps around my shoulders and lifts my head up into their shoulder. The warmth and smell is comforting and smells like home. Home?
I sob into their arms regardless of who it is, I'm just grateful of the silence and comfort.

Suddenly the feeling of home and the familiar smell dawns on me. Without looking up I start speaking.
"Alex?" I question.
"Yes princess." The warm chest says and I look up into Alex's eyes. He looks down at me lovingly.
"Thank you!" I mutter thankfully snuggling into his chest.
"Anything for you!" He whispers in my ear moving my hair from my face. Anything? What does he mean?

However I am interrupted from my daze my an awesome approaching nurse.
"Miss I have some news." He frowns
( yes nurses can be male as well so please don't be sexist and if I get any sexist comments I will block them women can do any job and so can men).

"Is my grandmother okay?" I ask shrinking into a ball. Leaning against Alex's chest for support.
The nurse looks at me apologetically and Alex squeezes my hand.

"I'm afraid not you have a choice to keep her in pain and on a life support or to turn it off and allow her to leave this earth peacefully." He says slowly looking at me straight in the eye.

I look up at Alex and he nods.
"Do whatever you have to do Riley." He says hugging me and kissing me on my cheek.
So I decide to do what's best.

"Could you please turn it off but I would like to say my goodbyes first." I say nervously and painfully.
"Of course I will have it arranged I'm so sorry miss." He says nodding in respect.

-
"Grandma you mean so much to me and you always will and I hope I've made the right choice but I'm sure you wouldn't want to me hanging to this world full of useless computers for much longer." I say smiling holding my grandmas hand and kissing her forehead.

This is it, we are turning the support off.

As I hear the steady beep of the heart monitor die down until it's in silence and well...

I unconsciously loose all control and all the strength I had.

I start running out of the hospital, the wards flash infront of me. I have to get out of here before I go insane.

Hospitals drive me crazy. As I why to the exit I get into the car park and get in my car. I attempt to start the engine but it just won't start. I punch the dashboard in frustration but I stop when I hear footsteps.

"Baby girl do you want to come with me, we can grab your car tomorrow or I can get it sent to a garage to get fixed." Alex suggests helping me out of the car and wrapping his jacket around me.

Should I? I'm not really in a good place and my car is extremely ill.

"Yes please but can I make a stop in the way home." I ask shakily.

"Of course now let's go get in the car before we freeze out here." He smiles guiding me to his car.

As we get in the car I ask the question I've wanted to ask all night.

"Why me?" I ask and he frowns at me.
"What do you mean?" He asks in confusion his eyebrows knitting together.
"Why come for me and not stay with Selena?" I ask looking at him and studying his features.

"Because she's a selfish bitch who I have no feelings for and Riley Rosewood I think I'm getting feelings for you and I'm utterly falling for you!" He smiles looking at me and stopping the car. I blush at him. Should I say that I like him to? Well I have nothing to lose!

"Well Alex Brios I kind of like you too quite a lot actually!" I chuckle reaching over to him and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Well that's lucky isn't it." He smiles hugging me over the gear stick.

"You know, your what my grandma would call a good old gent and she would always say I needed to fall in love with someone like that." I smile up to him and his lips meet mine and sparks erupt inside of me.

Sooooooooooo how did you guys like this chapter?

Bye bye bootiful biotches -kezzz