chapter- 12

"Babes I'm so happy!" Maya screams excitedly down the phone.
"Wait what?" I ask shocked at her sudden outburst.
"He asked me out!" She yells and I'm pretty sure if I was with her at this moment in time she would be googlyeyed and jumping up and down.
"Wait! Who are we talking about?" I ask confused. While I hear her huff and I sense her mentally rolling her eyes.

"Adam silly the mall hottie!" She screams. Oh that guy!
"Oh okay, when are you going out?" I ask whilst walking into Costa. Nope, I'm not a typical Starbucks white chick.
"Tonight at eight." She replied happily. I smile she's actually going on a date for once usually it's just crushes.
"Woah, I'm proud of you babes." I say pretending to cry in happiness. Whilst she chuckles.
"Anyway how are you coping with Lewis?" She asks after a pregnant pause. I haven't even spoken or glanced at him since the event happened.

"Well we haven't spoken since he told me to get out of his car." I reply slowly, whilst she sighs.
"Maybe he's not the one for you!" She says nervously.

Maybe she's right, maybe we don't click together.
Maybe it was something like a short summer fling.
The word maybe is the only thing stopping me from breaking down in tears. Why do things like this have to hurt so damn much?
"I guess so, but I don't want to let it go if you know what I mean." I say frowning.
"I understand you, guys are complicated." She says chuckling.

Yes they are very complicated.
Very!
Complicated!
Half the time they are all loving and the next they are being brooding jerks.
"I agree with you there." I reply nodding in agreement.
"Maybe we should meet up and talk?" She suggests.
"Yeah, I think I will actually take you up on that." I agree more confidently.
"Okay then Thursday at four thirty in costa. I'm going to go get ready, wish you luck." She says enthusiastically.
"I wish you luck too on your date with Adam!" I say smiling, readying my text to Lewis.

After we hang up, I sit there pondering what to text Lewis.
Should I apologise, should I be blunt? Honestly I don't think I should be apologising but it might have been my fault. Maybe I was pushing him away which perhaps made him snap.

In the end I send the text.

R: I think we need to meet up and talk.
L: Me too, Starbucks at 6?
R: Sure, see you then.

It's a bit strange that he asked to meet at Starbucks as he knows I'm not the biggest fan and usually likes costa.
After we decide to meet up , a wave of panic washes over me.
I'm not prepared for this, do I want to stay with him? Should I break up with him? What do I do? Someone help me.

As I walk into the kitchen for a glass of water. Selena looks at me slyly.
"You're friends with that bitch Mya, right?" She asks smirking, checking her immaculate neon nails. More like witches nails that have been in a paintball arena.

"Well I'm friends with someone called Maya not someone called that bitch Mya!" I reply bluntly, tucking my hair behind my ear. Putting my glass in the counter.
"Whatever, so are you?" She says irritatedly, flipping her hair behind her.
"Yes that is what I said." I reply rolling my eyes.
"Well we go way back, way before your little flat ass came along!" She replies snickering. Is she trying to make me mad? As it really isn't working.

"Well at least I'm really quite happy my ass isn't as big as my head." I reply smirking.
Maya would be proud of my insult.
"Wait did you just insult me?" She frowns childishly. I laugh at how slow she was at understanding my comment.