chapter- 17

🐟red herring clue: The male quarter back has a rather short name.

Ariana Slayed dangerous woman people!!

"Remind me why we're taking a break
It's obviously insane
'Cause we both know what we want
So why don't we fall in love?
Baby, let's be in love"

When we get home I sit on my bed smiling! Just smiling and staring into space. Everything I thought Alex was, has changed, he is real he has a heart.

As I start to get changed for bed I put my watch back inside my jewellery box but I notice something different.

The ring my grandma gave me which was her engagement ring is missing. I search everywhere but I can't find it anywhere. I try to recall where I last wore it or had it, but I always put it back safely.

After emptying all my bags and boxes I fall down to the floor in frustration. A stray tear cascading down my face.
As I give up on finding it image my way to the bathroom and wash my now streaky makeup.

After removing all my makeup and getting a shower to make me try and relax. I walk out the bathroom to a heated conversation.

"I know you were using her to get back at Mel and me Alex!" A bitchy female voice yells.
"I just did, didn't I!" Alex retorts angrily. More drama!
"Don't lie to me baby." She yells back before grabbing him by his collar.
"Selena you know it's not like that anymore!" He says sharply. As I see her look at him threateningly I pull out my phone and start taking an audio recording.

"You know what I can do Alex, now buck up before I call my daddy and get you kicked off this campus!" She whispers threateningly. I gasp at her words, she would actually do that to Alex?
"Selena please you can see this won't work out I don't have feelings for you like that!" He groans. Moving away from her.

"I have my phone right here so you better kiss me right now or I will have to give someone a little call." She replies pressing her lips forcefully to his. Something in my stomach drops, I know me and Alex aren't a thing but it hurts.

I walk away clicking stop on the recording, well Selena guess who has something coming? This is what you get for being a selfish brat.

As I sit in the lounge watching Colton Haynes as Arrow and sipping my chai latte, Alex walks in and slumps into the couch with his head in his hands.

"Alex I heard what happened." I say turning around so I'm facing him.
"I'm sorry she manipulates situations and what I say and..." He starts rambling on until I reach over and hold his hands.

"Don't worry, but let me show you something!" I smile pulling out my phone. Maybe the fact that I have evidence against Selena will brighten his mood a bit.
He just looks up at me and drawings whilst I smile and open up the footage.

"Here watch this!" I say smiling handing him the phone.
As he starts watching it his eyebrows furrow together, until near the end where he hears Selena threaten him a faint look of surprise and shock appears on his face.

"Oh my god Riley, how did you do this do you know how good this is!" He smiles hugging me enthusiastically.
"Yep now you don't have to worry about losing anything, if this video gets out she could even get in trouble with the police!" I reply shutting off my phone and hugging him back.

"I don't have to give into her anymore I can be me for once." He says quietly.
"I need to go talk to Ben about this! Thank you so much Riley! You're the best!" He says hastily grabbing his things and running out the door. Just seeing him happy lightens my day.

Smiling to myself I just carry on watching Arrow. How can he be so gorgeous? Maybe he's related to Alex? They are both gorgeous.

-
After watching Arrow and Teen wolf for a few hours I must have drifted off.

As I feel movement around me and a sensation that I'm being moved I flutter my eyes open.
"Hey Riley, go back to sleep baby girl." Alex says softly, laying me down gently on my soft mattress was and laying my covers carefully over me.

As I start to drift off again I feel a feather light touch on my cheek and a few muffled words.

-
ALEX  POV

After I lay Riley down and tuck her in I gentle move a stand of her lovely hair out of her face.
This girl is the death of me, I have never been like this to a girl before .

When I walk out of her bedroom, something launches itself at me planting their lips on mine and snapping a photo. As I move away pushing the person off me I hear more camera shutters. What the hell!

As I get a look at the harasser I see it's the one and only Selena!
"What's your strange obsession with me get out my life!" I whisper yell at her trying to not wake up Riley.

"So I'm the obsessive one huh? You are obsessed with Riley!" She laughs witchily.
"Just go and get a stupid life that included moving to the Sahara desert!" I yell at her. Sorry about this Riley.

She had to just go and ruin my little happy moment didn't she!

-

riley  pov

When I wake up I feel a weird item underneath my hand. Cracking open my eyes I reach for the object.
Examining it I see it's an envelope with perfect cursive writing on the front. All it says is Riley.

Cautiously I open the envelope for glitter and a few Polaroids to cascade out. What in gods name is this.
Scraping up as much glitter as possible I dump it into the bin. Whoever did this is a glitter freak!
I then walk back to my bed. Picking up the photos I notice one of them has a tall girl and a guy. I check the times and dates on the back and notice it was taken today at 11:46pm. Looking at the other photos the features of their faces become clearer.

Karma really does hate me doesn't she/he/it.
The photo is of Alex and guess who..
Dun
Dun
Dun(n( josh Dunn)
SELENA

My heart is destroyed in my chest all my feelings for Alex are replaced by something different. I thought he changed but obviously a tigress can't change her spots.

Alex, Alex, Alex who are you?

I feel like screaming at the plain, empty walls but that doesn't do anything for the large dark hole erupting in my stomach.

Why do I always get the short straw, I thought that me and Alex were starting to get closer. Obviously not.

Sorry for slow updates ILYSM and tysm for all the reads and votes it makes me so happy and motivated!!