chapter- 27

"I do that's... Mel! She used to date Alex!" I stutter, staring at the photo in my hands.
"What?" Alex exclaimed in shock.
"Yes! Sir Melanie Rodriguez has been arrested for assault, blackmailing and many other illegal matters." The police lady confirmed. Glancing over our dismayed expressions, before continuing.

"However we will need all of you to give statements and perhaps be present at a court meeting! But I suggest you go out of town for a few days until me track who else is involved and anymore information about it!" She continues then stares at us blankly.

"I have a beach house on the coast we could go to!" Alex pipes up glancing at the lady.
"Okay well I suggest going out there for a few days! But please take class work with you and try to catch up on any lectures as I know as a student you can't miss anything!" The male officer smiles from behind her, nodding at us.

"Okay! Ben if you get Maya and perhaps Adam, to pack some stuff for a few days and Riley and I will pack up the car and buy some food." Alex decides, gently hugging my waist.

So, that is how we ended up going to the beach!

With a lot of school work in tow.

-
After packing the basic essentials, we head out to the supermarket.
"Okay well Riley, let's just grab the basics!" Alex smiles, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel
By basics I hope he means junk food, as I really need some junk food right now!

Alex drives into the nearest parking lot, when we reach the supermarket. I jump out the car, grabbing my purse. As Alex locks the car, he wraps his arm around me squeezing me gently.

"Alex you're suffocating me." I squeak pretending to breathe.
"Oh my god! Riley are you okay?" He asks in shock, a panicked and bewildered expression crossing his face.
Just glancing at his face makes me crack up with laughter. A stray tear falls down my cheek as he looks down at me even more confused.

"Oh Alex! I'm just messing with you." I chuckle patting his chest.

"Hey you don't have the rights to touch my chest if you're mean to me!" He pouts, wrapping his arm back around me.

"Well one I am your girlfriend and two I would do it anyway to see that cute little pout!" I smile poking his cheeks. Yes this is a habit, I just really like his cheeks and dimples okay!

"Well as you're my girlfriend and I'm your boyfriend, I have permission to kiss you when I want to! Even if it is outside Walmart!" He winks, smiling goofily. Leaning down to peck my lips, concerning them for a few seconds.

"Now we can't keep everyone waiting at the cabin for the food can we!" He smirks pulling me into the store.

"Okay I'll grab some nibbles and snacks. You can grab some stuff for pasta, salads and burgers." I suggest, picking up a basket as we walk into the store.

-
Lugging bags out to the car after shopping is hard! Especially when Alex thinks you need a massive bag of pasta that weighs more than my arm, for five people.

"Can you open the car Alex? I really need to dump this pasta in here." I chuckle, weakly trying to hold the bag with the pasta on my shoulder.
"Yes! Hang on a second, I need to find my keys." He replies placing the shopping bags on the floor, before searching through his pocket for his keys.