Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Emily's POV

It's been a week since I uploaded my first video.

I've been ignoring Zayn since then. I don't know why, I really don't.

Don't get me wrong, I miss him. A LOT.

 I'm really confused with what I was doing.

Work wasn't the same after that video went crazy high in views.

People knew who I was because of it.

Once I take their order, they ask for a picture or something.

My co-workers doesn't treat me the same anymore. They treat me as if I'm SOMEBODY.

Today was paycheck day as well, So I'm looking forward to my first paycheck tonight before I head home.

I worked for a couple more hours and once the clock hit 5pm, I went to the back room and punched out.

My boss called me in his office and handed me my paycheck.

I decided to buy 2 boxes of donuts for the 10 people at home as a tiny celebration of me getting my first paycheck.

I got off the car Ed's lending me and walked in the front door.

"I got something for you guys!" I said loudly as I walked towards the kitchen only to almost drop the boxes of donuts.

"Hey." Zayn smiled as he looked up at me once I walked in.

I remained still, lost in words.

"Here, let me help you with that." He said as he grabbed the boxes from my hand and set it down the counter. "Please say something."

"Why are you here?" I croaked out, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to spill.

"We have 4 days off." He shrugged.

"Why are you at Ed's house?"

"Because he's one of my best mates."

"Alright." I nodded as I turned around to walk towards the stairs and up my bedroom but he grabbed my wrist gently before I could take a step.

"Can we please talk?" He sighed.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said coldly, still fighting the urge to cry.

I can't break down in front of him, he'll think I'm still weak. 

"I... I can't..." He stuttered as his grip on my wrist loosened a bit.

"I can't lose you." He whispered shakily.

I turned around to face him and he was breaking down.

"I know what I did, I know it was horrible of me to go all judgmental with boys staying here with you. I'm really sorry." He sobbed as he covered his eye with one hand.

His whole body was shaking, his shoulders were moving up and down like crazy.

He looked so vulnerable, just like when I saw him in the bathroom the day Tanya passed.

"I can't lose anyone important to me again. I already lost my sister." He sobbed harder before looking up at me with bloodshot eyes.

"I can't lose you." He said as his voice cracked mid-sentence.

I was honestly lost for words once again. 

"I need you more than you think." He whispered loud enough for me to hear.