Chapter 63

Chapter 63

Emily's POV

As soon as we walked in the jail, the atmosphere changed in a heartbeat. The vibe of this place is depressing, upsetting and just.. horrific.

"He'll be out here in a second, you have 5 minutes to talk to him." The cop tells us as the three of us sits down on the stools.

The anxiety slowly building up inside of me is slowly and painfully killing me. Marcus is in this jail because of me, I still believe with all my heart that he is innocent! He can't possibly be the one to start the fire.

The door then opens and Marcus walks in handcuffed with 2 cops on either side of him. I stand up from my seat in a heartbeat in excitement. It's soo reliefing to see how good he looks, he doesn't seem to have new bruises that tells me he's getting beat up.

"Emily!" He smiles as soon as he sees me. The cops uncuffs him and he runs over to me, I jump in his arms as he spins me around.

"Oh my God Marcus. I missed you soo much, I'm soo sorry for all this crap that got you i--"

"Emily, it's fine. Just please, try and get me out of here." He smiles down at me sincerely.

I hug him once again, burying my head on his chest as I tears start falling down my face. I feel horrible for him, I love him soo much it hurts. He's still such a nice friend even after all this.

"Are you crying?!" He chuckles as he pulls me off of him. I quickly wiped my tears as I look down on my feet. "Hey.. Emily, look at me."

I did what I was told and looked up at him, worry flashing in his eyes.

"I'm fine, don't blame yourself about this. All I ask is for you to do something about it because I'd like to get set free."

"Thank you for being such a great friend Marcus. I mean it, you're the best ever."

Zayn's POV

"...You're the best ever." She smiles at Marcus before hugging him again tightly. I ball my fist as I force myself to look away.

Ed leans over to me and whispers something. "Your jealousy isn't healthy, mate." He chuckles.

"I'm not jealous." I lie.

"Mhhmmm.." He smirks as he sits up again and sips on his rootbeer.

I roll my eyes before turning around to look back at Emily and Marcus, they were still hugging each other but I don't even bother tp eavesdrop anymore.

"5 minutes is over." One of the cop says in a monotone voice before walking over to Marcus with the handcuffs. I see Emily place a kiss on Marcus' cheek before hugging him tight one last time.

"I'll visit you soon, I'll go back to England and try to fix this. I promise to come back and visit." Emily tells Marcus as the cops starts putting his cuffs once again.

Marcus nods with a small sad smile before getting pushed by the cops back inside.

Emily just stands there, staring blankly at the door. Ed and I looked at each other before he stands up and walks over to her. The second Emily looks at him, she broke into tears. It breaks my heart not being able to be the one to comfort her, even if I want to.

 "Let's go, we still need to pack for tomorrow." Ed tells her gently and she nods.

We all walk out of the place and into the car, the rest of the car ride was silent amongst the three of us. The music from the radio is the only thing making sounds.