Chapter 22

After Ashton and I's talk, we both went down stairs for dinner since our mother had summoned us down. Millie was already in the dining room serving herself a smoothie. Immediately Ashton and I looked at each other, with a small smirk on our lips as we knew far too well the scent of the smoothie. We walked down the stairs slowly, as we did so, we kept our eyes fixated on Millie's smoothie, making sure she hadn't drunk any yet.

The second we saw her place her mouth over the rim of the cup, I cleared my throat. "Millie, my dear little sister, what is that in your cup?" I asked her with a slight brow raised as I questioned.

She shrugged innocently as she pouted, "A smoothie..."

"And what kind of smoothie is that?" Ashton asked her as we both grew closer to where she was.

She looked at us, and bit her lip and mumbled quietly, "Blueberries and bananas..."

We clicked our tongues in sync at her and shook our heads, "Little mermaids shall not lie, Millie, it's against our rules. Father knows all." We both said.

She pouted a bit more and looked at her smoothie, "I'm not lying."

I made my way to stand beside her and looked at Ashton, nodded and watched him take the cup from her. I looked at Millie and shook my head once more, "Little one, we know how blander-berries smell."

"And how they taste." Our brother spoke as he took in the sweet smell of the ocean's fruit. 

Millie kept the same pout on her lips as we kept sniffing her drink. That was until our mother and father appeared in the dining room with their arms folded at us. Ashton set the cup down and looked at them. I turned my attention from the cup to our parents and raises a brow.

"When did you bring blander-berries home? You can only get them near the reef by the E.A.C." I asked, truly curious on how our darling little sister got a hold of the addictive sweet-smelling fruit of the ocean.

My mother looked at my sister, then at me, "We brought a bag full of them when we came here. They've been stored away in the freezer till Millie found them. You both should have figured that out already."

"Micah," My father looked at me, then turned his attention to my brother, "Ashton, you shouldn't take food from your younger sister. She's still a child. She has first say on what she finds. Let her drink the smoothie and finish packing up. We leave tomorrow morning."

I furrowed my brows, "You're still on that..." I looked at both my parents, "both of you? It's been days. If Max and Phoebe wanted to go and tell our secret, they would have already. We can trust them."

He shook his head, "Enough, Micah. Do as you're told, or punishment will find its way to you when we go back home."

"Father, this isn't fair. I have finally made friends. I have finally felt like I belong, and because of one small mistake, an accidental one, I might add, you want to punish our family by making us move again?" I said, challenging my father.

He stood up straight and breathed in, "Micah, I am your father. Do as you're told. I am the King and the sole protector of our pod, our family, our species. The decisions I make are for the good of our family and our species. I do not make rules to punish you. I make them to protect you."

"Well you're not protecting me by taking me away from my mates." I said as I hit the cup of the blander-berry smoothie onto the ground shattering the glass cup, and turned around to go upstairs to my room. 

I walked in my room quickly as I heard my mother gasp and yell out my name, "Micah!". Oh I could only imagine her face at this point. The look of disappoint on hers and my fathers. I didn't want to move away. Not again. I was done. No more was I going to run. Maybe my parents are okay with running away, but I'm not. 

I went over to my bathroom, walked right in, grabbed a towel of the clean rack and left my room in a hurry as I tried to go to the grotto's entrance down the hall before my mother called for me again. After my argument with my father, all I really wanted was a long swim with the fishes down the bay.