Chapter 10

I went inside my house leaving the keys in the dish, left my shoes at the front of the door and ran up the stairs to my room. I walked in my room set my backpack on a round white stool seat that was around my bed, went over to my laptop that was on my oakwood desk that was of Amish design. I sat on my black rolling chair and opened up my laptop. For being in the sea for almost 300 years. I know my way around technology now-a-days. I logged on to my computer and searched for a site that was dedicated to mermaids. Sitings of mermaids, pictures, locations, all that was on this site. Because of this site, we had to move. I typed in the sites name, mysticalmermaids.com. Scrolling down the page I came up on a few pictures of people I knew and an article beneath it.

'Mermaids have been living among us for centries and we never knew, until now.',the article read,' After countless years in search for mermaids we found a group in Tahiti. Mermaids, being known to be around warmer climates, have been living in Tahiti for 8 centries. The picture above shows a groups of mermaids, or pod, as we have come to known them to be, gather among us humans in our natural environment. Being outside of their ecosystem and blending in to ours shows us how well they can mix and mingle among us. Their social skills are amazingly good, being able to communicate with us is only one of their ways of socializing with humans. The woman at the top left is a mermaid. We asked her a few questions and she asked us a few as well.

'What is your name?'

'Genevieve.' She responded.

'How long have you been living among us?'

'I'd say about 300 years, surprisingly many people do not recognize me. Though I suppose that is a good thing.' Genevieve replied.

'That is a very long time. Have you always lived here in Tahiti, or do you and your 'pod' move from place to place?'

'I have lived here with my family for 8 decades. We move every century. To avoid conflict and questioning from land folk.' Genevieve replied.

'I see, and how is it that mermaids had stayed unseen for thousands of years until now.'

'We tend to stay hidden, come out only during the night, when land folk are asleep and resting. That is when we come out to the rocks and watch the moon." Genevieve said.

'Fascinating. Truly Fascinating.'

'Now it is my turn to ask you a few questions.' Genevieve said.

'Shoot.'

'Why is it that you land folk capture the fish and haul them away on your big boats.' Genevieve asked.

'Those are the fisherman. They take the fish, so we can eat them.'

'That is revolting. Fish are friends, not food.' Genevieve said.

'They are food for us. They contain a special vitamin that we need in our body, called Omega 3. It's good for us.'

'I see. Fish are friends, for us they are like family. When you land folk eat them, it's like you're eating us.' Genvieve said with a passionate tone in her voice.

'Now I see. We'll try to minimalize your dietary needs for fish. It's been a pleasure speaking with you Ms. Genevieve.'

'Thank you, it has also been a pleasure to speak with you as well. ' Genevieve said curtiously.

As you can see, mermaids are of no harm to us. They have respected our customs, and our land, we must respect theirs. There you have it, mermaids are real mythological creatures, beautiful as they are, and gentle as they seem.

'Except Rhea.' I thought to myself. How could Gen do this?! Expose their whereabouts to the entire world. This is incredibly stupid on her part. Then again, the reporter could have thought that Gen is a mermaid, but the rest of the human race could possibly think it's all a bunch of coral bits. That none of what he said is true, but then again, we can never be too safe. I need to tell my mum about this, and my dad.

I looked at the bottom right hand side of the laptop screen and saw the time. It was already 4:38 pm. Wow, time goes by quickly. I looked at my phone and saw a message from Phoebe.

*Phoebe: Dress Formal, apparently Cole's family is super rich. I'll explain it to you when you get here, just dress formal, the dinner party starts at 7. -4:26 pm

Dress formal. Ugh, great. Alright, might as well dress nice. I got up from my bed and went over to my closet. I opened the doors with a gentle push and walked in. I observed the mountainous amounts of clothing I had along the hangers of the room. I walked towards the back of the . The copious amounts of dresses each on their own little mannequin with the same fitting as I.  I reached a certain black dress that I liked very much. A black dress, with silk undercoating and with a flower lace design all over the dress and about 3 inches above my knee. I absolutely favoured this dress over all. 

I took off the dress from the mannequin and brought it over to my bed. I should have a quick swim first. Freshen up from this horrid day that was caused by Graysen Sorrens. I left my dress on my bed, went over to my shoe closet. My shoe closet was somewhat similiar to my clothing closet, except it was a bit smaller and filled with shoes, mainly tennis shoes and trainers. One side of the closet was filled with flats and semi-high heels, the other side was filled with tennis shoes and trainers. I walked in to the flats side and picked out my pair of champagne coloured flats with a 1920s style to it. I stepped out of my closet and put them at the foot of my bed. 

I left my clothing and pair of shoes on my bed and beside it and made my way to my grotto. As I walked over the the bookcase and pulled on the book, The Shadows of Blightstone Manor, and skipped down the small corridor to reveal my secret santcum, my phone went off. I groaned with annoyance in my voice and pulled it out. I didn't even bother to read the I.D. caller as I answered with a 'cheerful' HELLO.

"Hello." I answered.

"Micah, it's Max, Phoebe told me to tell you that the dinner party starts at 7, and to dress however you feel like it." Max said through the other line.

"Alright. Thanks mate. See you then." I said hanging up.

I'm still going formal, Max might be pulling an old guppy trick. I know, Silias always did so whenever my father had a party, Silias would say that there was a change of venue or the attire was changed. Anyways, I was still going to dress formal for this eventful night. I walked over to the opening of where the pool of water was. I left my phone beside a rock on the right hand side against the wall and jumped in the pool. I was so glad to be in the water, where I can be as calm as one can be.