Lucifer x Reader- No angels

Heaven's most terrifying weapon, the archangels. Who ever had said that clearly didn't know about you. You were the heaven's most terrifying weapon, the most powerful angel. The first angel. The finest of them all. Everyone who was made after you had some flaws, right after creating you, God had made Michael. He and you were similar but not quite alike. He was like a puppy, following orders of his father, he wasn't like the ordinary angels, no, he had his visions and ideas but he never acted on them. When God had created him he was aiming for perfection and that was Michael's biggest flaw- too perfect, too much solder not enough person. The next one that God created was Lucifer, your personal favorite on so many levels. Lucifer had some character, later on you found out that he had even slightly too much of it but it didn't matter, you found his company enjoyable nevertheless. After Lucifer came Raphael, ambitious , ruthless and emotionless being. You didn't like him, he was cruel and had a very flattering image of himself, he never showed compassion. The last archangel that God created was Gabriel. He was nothing like the others, he was always full of joy and love for his surroundings. You liked him a lot but being around him got unbearable quite quickly. The pranks he played were sometimes very cruel.

The six of you had got on well, some of you got on better, some of you didn't get on so well but you had no big fights. That all changed when God got tired of making angels and he made the first humans, at first you were confused. These beings had so many flaws that it was hard to count them all but they were intriguing. If one was to compare the nature of an angel and the nature of an human, one would find more similarities among archangels and humans than among most of ordinary angels and humans. These apes valued freedom and free will and that was something that you admired in them. As we all know from history, nothing good ever lasts so the lovely humans caused a lot of polemics up in Heaven, which ended up with God throwing humans out of Heaven and also Lucifer landed in the cage in Hell. For you personally it was hard, the two of you had been close and there were quite a few times when you had to defend yourself and explain that you had nothing to do with what Lucifer had done, other angels thought that you must have been aware of Lucifer's plans and they made it quite clear that your company was not something they would want. After that time of your life something in you had changed, you almost never showed your true powers and you started spending more time on Earth. That place was exciting, you had watched humans from the beginnings of their evolution and they never seemed to stop amazing you, so many flaws made to function together so perfectly.

A lot of time had passed when one day God asked you to join him, it wasn't something that happened too often but it wasn't something unbelievable either. Little did you know, this evening was going to change your life forever. It was the evening when God told you that he was going to leave Heaven, you had tried to reason with him but he had already made up his mind- he was leaving. He asked you to stay and take care of Heaven from now on, he wouldn't have thought that you would have the nerve to disagree but that's exactly what you did. You told him that now there is nothing keeping you in Heaven and if he can go and start everything again on Earth so could you. After some discussing, he finally agreed.

You had been living on Earth for ages, doing different things. If you would have wanted then you could have lived without doing a thing. After all, you had your powers, you could make people do what you want, make things appear from thin air or talk anyone into being your vessel. But you weren't like that, you wanted to help humans and live as one among them. At that very night you were coming home from the university that you were working in- Bible studies was your area. You found it very ironic but here on Earth you continued doing God's work, in a way at least. You had just taken off your coat and you were just about to put it away when you understood that you were not alone in the room, there was someone else with you, an angel.

"And I thought that you'll never come home," a man said, he was sitting on the couch, back turned to you. Your first reaction was to raise your hand and make him feel pain all over his body, not even a second had passed when you recognized who it was. You quickly stopped the pain and you heard him gasp for air.