Castiel x Reader - Get over it Winchester

A/N- this can be considered as the next part for "Adventures in Hometown" but can also be considered as a one shot.

Requested by @mentalfangirllife
PS! Send me requests ♡

The reader has been hunting with the Winchesters for the past 5 months and a few hours ago Castiel confessed his feelings to the reader. Sam and Dean caught them making out afterwards.
♧♧♧

"Don't make this awkward Dean," you warned him, when he gave you a dirty look.
"Awkward? I didn't kiss your best friend or your best friend didn't kiss me, it was the two of you. So if someone made things awkward here, then it deffinately wasn't me," he said.

" I don't understand, did I offend you somehow when I kissed Y/N?" Cas who was sitting next to you on the backseat of the Impala asked.

" Offend? No, but dude, you just kissed her, just like bang, she's like a sister to me and I don't want to see you making out with my sister," Dean was looking at you from the rearview mirror.

" Can I point out the word like? I might be like a sister but I'm deffinately not your real sister, so get over it," you were blushing like crazy but everyone heard the tone of annoyment in your voice. Dean had been whining about you and Cas for the past 30 minutes.

"Still..." Dean started again.

"Just leave it man, it's not like you didn't know that they liked each other. It had been obvious for months," Sam cut into another Dean's complaints.

" No it wasn't!" Dean said.

"It was and we even talked about it," Sam shot him a harsh look.

"OK, yeah but we have also talked about the possible alien invasions and lizard people in the White House. That doesn't make it real," Dean was getting on your nerves and Cas sensed it.

"Shut up," Castiel said with a steady but intensive voice.

"What?" Dean replied after a second.

"I said shut up, you are making Y/N feel uncomfortable, " Cas was staring at Dean, who looked at you( you were trying to keep your head turned to the window because you felt like you were about to burst out crying or about to start hitting Dean any minute now) and then Sam. Dean noticed that you were on the verge of crying.

"I'm sorry Y/N, it was just very unexpected thing to happen," Dean's voice was sweeter this time.

"Yeah, sure," your voice was almost silent. Cas put his hand carefully and clumsily on your tight to comfort you.

Dean was quiet for the rest of the ride, Sam tried to start a smalltalk for a few times but none of you went along with it. Cas kept his eyes locked on you , Dean's eyes on the other hand shifted between you and the road. You didn't see neither of them looking at you, you were looking out from the window for the whole ride. Dean had somehow made the atmosphere in the Impala tense. In about 3 hours Dean parked the Impala next to a cheap looking motel, you and Sam went to the registration and got two rooms. Castiel had been worried that you wouldn't want to share a room with him so soon after he had confessed his feelings for you but the two of you had shared rooms before so you just said that it wouldn't be such a big deal. At least that's what you said, on the inside you were nervous and freaking out a bit. Just as you had said, it wouldn't have been the first time sharing a room with Cas but now things were different.
You had many questions and ideas in your head, some of the made you feel uncomfortable, some of them made you blush out of nowhere. Castiel seemed even more nervous, so you had to play it cool.

Usually after getting your rooms you would get together in one of the rooms and discuss the next or past hunt or just have a beer with the guys, today you had different plans. You and Cas had a lot to talk about since the two of you had been interrupted by the Winchesters this morning. You went to your motel room and thought that Cas would follow you, after a few minutes of just waiting there you walked back outside, he wasn't there, neither were the brothers. Obvious deduction was that they must have gone to the boys' room. You walked to the other side of the motel, where the boys' room was. You were about to walk in when you heard a loud bang, as a hunter you of course suspected the worst. You were standing behind the door and listening, it was all very quiet. You took a knife from your jacket's inner pocket and were about to open the door when you heard Sam saying:

" You like almost every girl, just drop it!" There was a groan.

" Not like that!"Dean whined.

" She's finally happy, she's been crushing over him for ages and Castiel has been doing the same for her even a longer time, I swear if you're going to mess this up for her and Cas," Sam said and trailed off.

" Tell me a reason why is this feathery dude better than me? From the first time we met him, he's been only messing things up. He even tried to be God, he made the angels fall, don't even get me started on Levithians!"

"Dean, you don't mean any of this. He's basically the only friend you've ever had, he's your best friend! And Y/N, she's like a sister to you, just as you said," Dean made a weird noise, "no, don't start with that, she's like your sister. Now look at me and tell me that you don't want two very close people to you to be happy." There was a weird silence.

" OK, I guess," Dean finally said. You were a bit taken aback by the news but to be truly honest it wasn't that much of a surprise, Dean had always been a massive flirt, you just hadn't taken it seriously. You understood that Cas couldn't have been in their room when a conversation like that was taking place, so you put your knife back into the pocket and without making much noise made your way back to your room. When you got inside you turned around and rested your back on the door, you inhaled sharply when you felt Cas's hands on your shoulders.

"Sorry," he mumbled close to your ear.

"For what?" you wrapped your hands around him.

"I scared you," he said and pulled you into a tighter hug.

"Oh, that." He picked you up and carried you onto your bed, there were hundreds of candles around the room that you hadn't noticed before.

"Oh, Castiel. This is so sweet," you felt how your eyes started filling up with tears.

"Don't cry, did I do something wrong? I specially bought them for you," he loosened the grip on you. You pulled him back closer to you and kissed him with all the passion you had in you.

" You did everything perfect, I'm glad you decided to confess your feelings to me," you whispered after you had ended the kiss.

"The feeling is mutual,my love!" Cas said and looked at you with admiration in his eyes. The rest of the night was a bliss that you two remembered even after the long years that you spent together.

~~~The End~~