Hide and Don't Seek

There's a shadow in the library, in the park under the street lamps, in the the bakery as I work. It isn't my own or from the lights, this shadow is smaller than my own, with eyes so blue, and expression so lost.

I've seen it, you, but you don't seem to want me to, seem to turn away, duck your head into your scarf to hide your face, and I can't understand why.

In my heart, I can't find a reason to point you out. As long as you're following me, I know where you are, I won't have to worry, to think about what you might, could, would be doing.

Why might you follow me though? Why would you wonder what I do, but not intervene when I would like so much to see, hear, know you?

Please, Lou, if it takes you knowing me... I hope this will lead to more of you because I can shadow you no longer.

--
Harry Styles is worried, afraid because he fell, fell into something that has ruined so many others. He's terrified because there was something good in the fall, something worth it about losing that control he's always maintained, something that struck a chord with the blue eyes. Worst of all, he liked it, enjoyed the fall, a tiny bit of him wants to try it again, to slip under, into the dark where he can find Lou. Yet, Lou has seemingly found him, seems to curiously trail behind his every step. He feels warm, lost, and secure. He may have never been able to find the boy with the blue eyes, but that boy can't seem to lose him.