To Know; To Hope

For a moment, a mere minuscule of a second... there is breath in the lungs that once would no longer inflate, and there is color in this world washed in greys and whites.

For a moment, a passing space in time that had stopped... there is someone new who seems to offer what couldn't, wouldn't be reached.

For a moment, a turning of the hands on the clock... there is a beat pulsing beneath bruised skin, and warmth filling a space that was left for dead.

For a moment, a change in the appearance of the moon... there is a star casting a glow over another who's light had already burnt out.

For a moment, a small step away from the present, there is a boy waiting for another; a boy waiting to find hope that he so ruefully surrendered.

Louis Tomlinson is considering. Considering taking steps closer to the boy with the curls. Considering shedding light on how everything has fallen so devastatingly apart. He thinks that if things don't work out, then he can finally drown himself out. He thinks that maybe if they do, then he might just be able to let go of everything else. For the first time, he wants that; wants to come up from the dark for a breath. He doesn't know what he expects from the boy with the eyes so green, but that boy has given him something that he's afraid to give up.