Isolation

In the dimmed lights...
The urge emerges and spreads like ice through the winding roads of my veins. It comes with the open arms of friendly strangers that seemingly appear from the shadows. They bring an offering of warmth; a suggestion that I have denied wanting to return to.

Beneath the beat of a song...
Weakness falters the desire to run; to follow the warnings from fables I cannot seem to remember. It clouds my thoughts with 'what ifs' and is encouraged by the sweet words of a wispy young woman who won't leave despite my silent insistence.

As the night falls in...
The realization hits that I came here looking for you; hoped to find you in this sticky floored house that cannot be a home. This girl and her friends are nothing like you. Their invitations are only as kind as they are so that their gifts may further destroy those they meet. They are not here to discuss the stars or their fates as they fall.

With the faintest of whispers...
I was alone with the sharpest of smiles. Consumed by the temptation to quell the itch, the crawling under my skin, I breathed in powder with ease and felt as if you were with me. Yet with every moment that thrums passed, I am remind how deeply, achingly I am by myself.

Without you here, there is nothing but powder, and it seems that I just might fade to dust.

Harry Styles has lost his shadow it seems. Somewhere between the start of Spring classes and the onslaught of incoming students, he's been unable to spot the boy with eyes so blue they once threatened to drown him. For the first time in awhile, he feels alone; wonders if he's done something to lose the boy who he once left behind. So, he seeks, and follows the trails of a boy who's lost interest in him. He follows the steps of a boy who no longer wants anything to do with him. He lets the familiarity of a substance the boy once shared with him pull him under, and falls into the haze he hopes might bring them back together.