Chapter 5

"WAIT!!" Came a shout as three figures pushed past the crowd.
"Huh?"  The light around me dispersed, as I was confronted by none other than my best friends. Oh crap.... This isn't going to end well..

" Y/n....." Inigo said softly walking towards me, Severa and Owain followed behind him.

"You guys..." I shifted my feet uncomfortably.

"We didn't think you'd leave right away..." He laughed awkwardly and scratched his head. I opened my mouth to say something, but didn't get a chance to, as I was pulled into a warm embrace.

"Y/n... Believe me when I say this... I love you. So much it hurts. This sounds so corny, so enjoy this moment while it lasts." I couldn't help but giggle at that.
"You made me the happiest man alive, I want you to know that. Thank you for all the happiness you've given me during this time."

"Hey, we're here too, ya know?!" Severa huffed, giving an eye roll.

"Oh my sweet, darling cousin! I always feared the inevitable day in which we would have to part, but I never knew it would come in this quick!" Owain whimpered, his left hand over his eye and the right clenching at his heart. "Oh sweet, dear Y/n, she was gone too soon..."

I just huffed and rolled my eyes. "I'm not dead you know?"

"Sometimes, I can still hear her voice..." Owain sniffled. At this, I promptly shrugged Inigo off me, walked over to Owain and put him into a headlock. He choked and started hitting my hand repeatedly.

"Alright, alright you've made your point, ever brave one!" I released him, but not without giving him a good final squeeze.

"That's what I thought." I gave him a hug, "I'll miss you too cuz." I turned around and smiled at Severa.

"Ugh!! Y/n! I can't believe you would say bye to those dolts first instead of me! Yeesh.. I won't miss you at all.... At... All..."  I giggled at Severa. Classic Tsundere. I walked over to my best friend and gave her a hug.

"I was just saving best till last! And what was that about not missing me? Well, I'll miss you like hell Sev."  Slowly, she wrapped her arms around me. I felt my shoulder become wet, and I instantly knew Severa was crying.

"Ugh, you see?! You made me cry... I'll miss you N/n." I smiled at her, then sweatdroped. Father was being embraced by Lucina and Mother, as to cover his less than sightly sobbing.

"Father.... I'd appreciate if you would stop that .. I mean you are a king, and this isn't the best example to be setting."  He blinked in realisation, and then looked at me.

"B-but.. my sweet baby girl.." He pouted, and I laughed.

"Father... I'm 17. I should be able to take responsibility for my own choices... my own life." I reminded him softly.

"17.. Time sure flys by." His face went from a happy, smiling face to a serious one. He undid the tie keeping the sheath attached to his belt and cafefully, held it up to me. Why is he holding up Falchion? I shot him a look of confusion, and he gave a slight smile.

"To keep you safe." My eyes widened. Falchion? Me? I gave him an uncertain look and then shook my head.

"Father... It takes a special person to wield Falchion. It belongs to Ylisse, it's a royal heirloom for goodness sake! I don't think I can-"

"Uncle! You mustn't!! Y/n is destined for a far greater weapon.... Of course, my cousin could and will not settle for less than none other than MY divine sword, MISSILETAINN!!" Owain kneeled in front of me, holding none other than missiletainn in his hands. I sweatdropped, and pat Owain on the shoulder.

"Owain, as you said, it's your sword. I couldn't possibly take it away from you." I smiled at him as he snapped his head up to gawk at me.

"Oh Y/n... you're too kind..." I just laughed at his antics, and looked back up to father.

"Anyways, I can't just take a sword that has been passed down from generation to generation to another world for my benefit. It wouldn't be right."

"Y/n. Yes, Falchion is an extremely important heirloom, but it's purpose has been fulfilled. Grima has been destroyed, Ylisse is safe. " He cut me off, giving me a stern look. I was speechless for a while, but finally the words came out.

"But still... it doesn't feel right." Father pulled me into an embrace. Mother put her hand on my shoulder, and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Honey? Falchion is a family heirloom, and you are family. Your father is right, Ylisse is safe for eternity now... well, safe from big spooky dragons at least." I laughed a little at that. Lucina ruffled my hair from the back.

"And, Parallel Falchion is still here! Don't worry sis. I know Falchion will we in worthy hands- if I can use it, you can too. Just don't use it to slice apples okay?" We laughed and I gently pulled away from the embrace. I gave mother and Lucina a hug each, and I carefully took the sacred weapon from Father's hands and tied the sheath to my belt. It felt.. unusual, but right. I almost forgot about returning to my world, as I looked to Lady Naga.

" I apologise for the delay Milady." I bowed my head.

"It's ok Y/n but we must hurry. The spell works in a specific time frame, and we have about, 30 seconds to complete it now." My eyes widened in shock as I began to panic.

"Ehhhh? Sorry everyone! I love you all! I think I said that already... Ummmm See you guys later!" I waved to my friends and family, and the same glow before spiralled around me. I heard the shouts of good luck as I smiled. I'll miss this..

"Y/n... I must inform you of something that I didn't mention before. I have access to knowledge that will be extremely handy, in the sense that I can reveal things about your enemy, someones past, or even who you can trust.  Anytime you are uncertain, you can rely on me to help."

"Milady... Thank you."

"It's my pleasure Y/n."