Chapter 6

"Milady, where are we headed exactly?" I inquire.

"We are heading to a city called Hargeon. If you want the specifics, it's located in the southern part of Fiore." I nodded my head.

"Hargeon? Fiore? They have nice rings to them." Excitement was boiling in the pit of my stomach. I'll finally be able to head home, and meet up with Gray and Lyon! 'I miss them.' I thought, 'wait.. WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND THEM?!' I start to inwardly panic. I heard Naga laugh slightly. I looked to her and raised an eyebrow.
"What's so amusing Milady?" 'With all due respect, I'm here having an internal crisis and Milady's here laughing!' She laughed harder and spoke.
"I can hear your thoughts Y/n. You're a funny child.." My jaw practically hit the floor.
"EHHHH?!?! Can you always hear my thoughts?" I shout. She smiled guiltily.

"Let's just say that this is the downside of me being with you on your journey." I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

"Uwahhh...... This might be a problem...." This is going to be a pain.... I mean, having Milady by my side occasionally will be very useful, but she can hear my every thought?! I sigh. Oh well, it could be worse. I heard a louder laugh come from the said dragon. Ok. Maybe it couldn't be worse.

"Thanks for the entertainment Y/n. On the upside, you won't have to speak out loud to talk to me. Just think whatever you want to say. That aside, I just wanted to let you know we are arriving in Hargeon in three.... Two...on-"

"KYAAAAAA!!!!"

Naga was cut off by my scream as I plummeted towards the ground. Subconsciously, I had switched to the general class.

"General's unbreakable shield: PAVISE!" I shouted as I was encased in a clear sphere as it made contact with the hard ground below. As the name suggests, the shield didn't break. Instead, bounced slightly then dispersed.

"Huh?" I blinked confusedly then changed back into the tactician class.

"Good job Y/n! You're learning! The magic you used then was Requip magic. I'm proud of you!"
'But I had no knowledge of being able to do that?... Explanation please Milady?'

"I told you already didn't I? You received all information about magic and how to use it as we were making our way here."

'Oh right! Thanks again Mil- AHH!' A searing pain shot through my body. I whimpered slightly.

"Y/N! Are you alright?!?" Naga said concerned. I panted and nodded.
'I-I'm fine... It just caught me off guard that's all.'

"I see... The reason behind that pain is because you haven't adapted to magic yet.. This will happen the first few times you use magic I suppose.." The pain slowly faded away as I nodded.
'Alright.. I can handle that. I hope..' I sigh.

"Y/n, I know that you are perfectly capable of handling this, don't doubt yourself." I smiled.
'Thank you Milady.'

"hey.. Hey! Can you hear me?!? Are you alright?!?" I felt someone shaking me.

"Wait what?"  I rub my eyes, and look up to see a pretty blonde girl around my age, looking at me with worry.

"Are you okay?! You seemed fine, then you suddenly screamed! It seemed like you were in a lot of pain!" She puts a hand on my shoulder. I blink in realisation and smile at her.

"Huh? Oh! My apologies for worrying you. I assure you that I'm perfectly fine. I thank you for your kindness, uhh?" I draw out. She gives me a warm smile.

"Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia."  I smiled at her. 'Lucy's a pretty name.'

"Y/n. Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you Lucy!" I outstretched a hand for her to shake.

"Y/n huh? That's a very pretty name. It's nice to meet you too! How about you get off the ground and you walk with me?" She shook my hand. I remember Naga's previous words and send a message to her.

'Well Naga? Can I trust her?' I ask.

"Hmm.. Her heart is pure and her intentions are good so.. Yes Y/n you may go with her." I grinned at Lucy.

"Sure Lucy! Thanks very much!"

"No problem! Let's go!" She helped me up, and grasped my hand. She smiled at me.

"What are you waiting for? Come on!" She tugged me forward.

"Yeah!"