Chapter 8

C/n stands for cover name/fake name.

"Hey!" I called out to him. "Are you alright?" I asked as me and Lucy crouched down to him.
"Who was that?" I heard the boy mumble. I also noticed that there was a blue cat with him.

"He was a real creep." Lucy sighed. She smiled at him "Thank you!" I grinned at him. He gave a confused look. I laughed and looked at Lucy.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry. How about you Lucy?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I am too. Care to join us?" She invited the boy politely. 'We still don't know his name'.. I thought to myself as we began walking.

"Y/n." A voice in my head spoke. I jumped slightly

'Lady Naga?' I replied.

"Y/n when you introduce yourself, do not give your real name." She sounds so serious..

'Milady, if I may ask, why is this?' I'm so confused.. What's wrong with giving my real name? I think that boy is trustworthy enough...

"Y/n, just trust me for now ok? It's for your own good." I pondered about this and nodded slightly.
'Yes Milady, thank you for your advice.'

(Magical time skipu~~)

We arrived at the cafe and sat down in a booth. Lucy smiled.

"My name is Lucy!" Lucy smiled and looked over to me. I bowed my head slightly.

"And my name is C/n. It's nice to meet you!" I softly hit Lucy's leg under the table, as a silent way of saying that I would explain later. She looked at me from the side and nodded. Looking up, I laughed nervously at the sight. The boy and cat were both scarfing down food, earning some weird looks from others.

"Umm, Natsu and Happy was it?" I asked, eyes nervously scanning the cafe.

"You guys are really nice." Natsu exclaimed with a mouthful of food. Lucy laughed nervously and gave a closed eye smile.

"Okay, just slow down a little. Stuff is flying everywhere!" I giggled softly at their antics.

"So, that Salamander guy was using a charm spell. It can attract people to you, even against their will." I explained from what I've learned so far.

"Sale of it was banned years ago though. What a creep, going that far to be popular!" Lucy huffed. I smiled.

"But we broke free of the spell thanks to you barging in! So this is our thanks!"

"I see." Natsu said yet again with his mouth full of food.

"Believe it or not, me and C/n are wizards!" Lucy exclaimed proudly.

"Oh, yeah?" Lucy scratched her cheek and looked away.

"But we haven't joined a guild yet though.." 'How does she know that?' I wonder.

"Oh! Guilds are organisations where wizards gather to share information and find work. You can't be considered a full-fledged wizard unless you're in a guild." Lucy explained. I already knew all this, as Lady Naga gave me this information already. Lucy squealed.

"There are lots of guilds all over the world, and it's apparently really tough getting into popular ones! The one I want to join is filled with amazing wizards! Oh, my! I want to join it, but I bet it'll be tough!" Lucy sighed dreamily.
'Hmm.. Lady Naga gave me little information about guilds, and she gave me a name of one too... Fairy tail? I think it was?' I thought to myself. I went back to listening to what Lucy was going on about. Lucy laughed and waved her hand.

"Oh, sorry! This wizarding talk must sound like nonsense to you, huh? But I'm definitely going to join that guild. I bet I can find lots of big jobs there!" I smiled at her determination.

"You talk a lot." Happy pointed out. Lucy ignored him and kept talking.

"Come to think of it, it sounded like you were looking for someone." Lucy inquired.

"Aye! Igneel!" Was Happy's reply. Natsu swallowed another bite of food and spoke.

"We're here 'cause we heard a salamander was coming to this town, but it was someone else." He said before shoving the whole pizza in his mouth.
"Yeah, he didn't look like a salamander at all." Happy shook his head

"A salamander's a fire dragon, so we thought he'd be Igneel." Natsu elaborated.

"What kind of person looks like a fire dragon?" Lucy voiced. Natsu looked confused.

"He's not a person. Igneel is a dragon." Happy put his paw up.

"Aye! He's an actual dragon!"

"HUH?!" Was Lucy's shocked reply.
'So there are dragons in this world too..' I thought to myself.

"Not to be rude but.. Why would there be a dragon in the middle of town?!" I laughed slightly. Natsu and Happy froze.

"You just now realised that?!" Lucy sighed and put a few thousand jewel on the table. "Well, we should be going. Enjoy your food. Let's go Y/- er C/n." I stood up with Lucy and waved to Natsu and Happy.

"See you two around!" I turned around. A waitress smiled at us.

"Thank you for coming! Please come agai- Huh?" Me and Lucy turned around.

"THANK YOU FOR THE MEAL!" Natsu and Happy chorused in unison. I blushed

"Stop it! You're embarrassing me!" Lucy screeched.

"It's okay! You helped us, so now we're even!" Lucy waved her hand as to dismiss the fact.

"We didn't try to help them though.."

"Aye, I still feel indebted.."  Natsu snapped his fingers.

"I know! You can have this!" He pulled out an autograph from Salamander.

"Don't want!" Was Lucy's outraged reply.

(Magical time skip brought to you by Happy's 'aye!')

Me and Lucy sat on a wooden bench, She was reading a magazine and I was looking over her shoulder.

"Sheesh. Fairy Tail caused trouble again? 'Devon Bandit clan wiped out, seven homes destroyed?'" Something clicked in my mind when I heard Fairy Tail. Lucy laughed and flipped the page.

"Talk about going overboard! Oh, Mirajane is the glamour model this time! How do you get into Fairy Tail anyway? Is there an interview or something? The Fairy Tail wizard guild.. It's so absolutely cool!" I smiled at her and was about to say something when..

"Oh? You want to join Fairy Tail?" Salamander spoke as he appeared from behind a bush.