Chapter 16

Hello, my darlings! Just wanted to add a quick authoress note to say that I've tweaked the story a tad- you now are able to choose where your guild mark is :) so any reference to it will be marked with (b/p), which stands for body part! Hopefully that makes it more immersive for you all! -Mika

The way back to Magnolia was... eventful, to say the least. After getting lost, making an impromptu fishing stop to try Wingfish, an apparently legendary delicacy (that ended up tasting disgusting), we found ourselves in an abandoned village. We decided to investigate the village. So, after three mushrooms sprouted on the heads of Natsu, Gray and Happy, and a fight with various types of monsters, we ended up breaking a forbidden sealing spell and saving an entire village. Yeah... I still don't really know what happened, even though I was there for it...

Anyways, it was the day after. Currently, Lucy and I were back in our apartment. Lucy wrote at the desk and I was got dressed in the bathroom. 

"(C/n), wanna go shopping?" Lucy called.

"Yeah! Just let me finish up here first..." I picked out my outfit and slipped it on.

"Alright! Thrilling adventures are nice and all, but being at home sure is relaxing!" Lucy yawned.

"70,000 Jewel a month is a pretty good price for a place like this." A voice, that was clearly not Lucy, spoke. Questionably, I stepped out of the bathroom and peeked into the living room. "Great find, you guys!" Gray was slouched on the coach, half naked, as always.

"You know, if you knocked we would've let you in..." I furrowed my brows at his unannounced entrance.

"Don't strip in other people's houses!" Lucy growled and kicked him in the chest. He coughed, but quickly recovered.

"Hold on! You've got the wrong idea!" He held his hand out to defend himself. "I stripped before I came here."

"Get out!" Lucy boomed.

"Today's the day, you know. I'm here because I thought you might've forgotten." Gray mused.

"That's today?!" My eyes widened after I realised what day it was. I rushed to the shoe rack to complete my attire, so we could quickly rush out.

"What day?" Lucy asked, slightly worried by seeing my rushed state.

"So you did forget. Remember what Natsu said before we left?" Gray sighed.

"Natsu and Erza are going to fight," I said while half out the door, "c'mon, let's go!"

~time skip brought to you by Natsu about to get his butt kicked- I mean, what?~

"W-wait! Are they both serious?!" Lucy gasped, pushing her way to the front.

"Oh, Lucy, (C/n)!" Mira smiled at us.

"They're serious, all right! They're not men unless they're serious!" Elfman grinned.

"Erza is a girl, you know." Mira corrected.

"More like a female monster." Macao smirked.

"But if two members of our strongest team clash...!" Lucy bit her lip, worried.

"Strongest team? What are you on about?" Gray spoke from beside me.

"You, Natsu and Erza! You're the top three in Fairy Tail!" Lucy said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Huh? What rubbish. Who told you that crap?" Gray scoffed. I was about to scold him for saying that, but a sniffling sound caught my attention. I looked for the source of the voice and saw Mira with her hands covering her eyes. "O-oh, it was you, Mira?" Gray attempted to backtrack.