14 {The Battle at Hogwarts}

Just about two months later; Reagan, Sirius, and Polly Black were seated on the sofa in the Weasley's sitting room. Reagan was reading one of Ginny's old children's books aloud to Polly, and Sirius was watching the two-month-old smile at her mother, her toothless grin lighting up the room and everyone's faces.

"Supper!" Molly called, setting a lot of beef stew on the table. Fred and George came down from their shared room, and Arthur emerged from his workshop, and the Blacks joined them, sitting down at the table. Reagan slid Polly into her high hair, and grabbed some baby food and a rubber spoon.

Reagan and Sirius sat down on either side of their daughter, smiling at each other from over the top of her fuzzy head.

Everyone was enjoying their meal—well, as ugh as they could—when the radio in the living room came to life.

"Lightning has struck. I repeat—lightning has struck!"

Everyone looked up from their meal.

Harry was at Hogwarts.

"Alright—Lets go!" Arthur said, throwing his napkin down on the table and standing.

Reagan stood, alongside Sirius.

"Reagan—" Sirius said, turning to her. "I don't want you going. You need to stay here—with the baby."

Reagan shook her head, eyes beginning to prickle with tears. "No—No, Sirius! I don't want us to get separated again—if-if..."

Her hand raised to her mouth, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Sirius pulled her to him. "I'm not going to let that happen, Rea. I'm coming back to you. I'm coming back to you and our Polly. I promise you that."

She buried her head in his shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

They pulled away from each other, and Sirius lifted his daughter from her high chair and held her to his chest. "And I love you, too, little Polly."

He kissed the top of her small head and pulled Reagan to them, arm wrapping around her waist as he kissed her.

"I'll see you soon, okay?"

Reagan looked up at her husband, taking their daughter into her arms. "Alright," she whispered.

And then, Reagan and Polly were left alone in the Burrow.

Polly let out a small sound of displeasure at the disappearance of her father, and Reagan gently bounced her, shushing her and cooing in her ear. "It's alright, love. It's alright. Daddy'll be back. I promise."

•••

"Sirius!" Harry wrapped his arms around his godfather in a hug, patting his back as Sirius did the same. "How's Aunt Reagan? And the baby?"

Sirius gave him a proud grin, eyes twinkling. "She's fine. And you're the proud older cousin to the beautiful Polaris Lily Black!"

Harry let out a joyful laugh, grinning, before his face became solemn. "Aunt Reagan's not here, is she?"

"No, no," Sirius shook his head. "She's home with Polly."

Harry relaxed. He looked up towards the great staircase behind them. "I need to find something. But I'll see you soon, alright?"

"Alright," Sirius said, watching his godson run off. "Harry!"

"Yeah?" Harry stopped to face him. "Stay safe, alright?"