2{There's Two of Them?!} «flashback 1»

1{There's Two of Them?!}

«flashback 1»

A thirteen-year-old James Potter stood on platform 9 3/4, looking excitedly around for his friends. He was holding tightly to the hand of a girl two years younger than him. This girl would be Reagan Potter, his little sister. It was her first year at Hogwarts, and he had promised his parents that he'd keep an eye on her.

"James! You're squishing my hand!" She complained, attempting to wiggle her fingers in her older brother's grip.

He immediately loosened his grip. "Sorry, Rea," he said, smiling sheepishly.

She just rolled her eyes jokingly at her brother, tucking her black hair behind her ear. Her blue eyes flashed up to the windows of the scarlet train, impatient to climb aboard.

"When can we get on, James? There'll be no seats left soon!"

James glanced down at his younger sister. "After we find-"

"Prongs!" A blur with black hair whooshed past Reagan, startling her into releasing her brother's hand.

The blur turned out to be a boy the same age as James - though a little taller - with shaggy black hair, and mischievous grey eyes.

"Padfoot! Get off me!" James groaned, prying his best friend from his person.

The boy laughed, stepping away from James. His gaze snapped over to Reagan, and he grinned, suavely using his hair to comb back his long hair. "And who might you be?" He asked, making Reagan blush.

James cleared his throat, moving over next to his sister. "Sirius, this is Reagan, my little sister. Remember I told you she was starting Hogwarts this year?"

Sirius's cheeks went pink, and he stuttered out a "Yes."

The three made their way into the train, moments before the whistle blew, and found a compartment where two other boys James and Sirius's age were sitting.

"Moony! Wormtail!" James greeted, walking in and sitting across from the one called Moony.

"Prongs!" He greeted, looking up from a book on his lap. "Padfoot! Nice to see you! Who's your friend?"

Reagan smiled shyly. "I'm Reagan, James's younger sister."

James grinned. "It's her first year," he added, sitting her down next to him, in the spot across from the other boy, Wormtail.

"Rea, that's Remus," Moony, "and that's Peter," Wormtail.

"Nice to meet you," Reagan said, smiling.

"You as well," Remus answered, before going back to his book.

About thirty minutes later, the door to their compartment slid open, and a redheaded girl walked in. "Evans!" James said, making the girl roll her eyes.

"Potter," she greeted. She turned her gaze to the rest of the occupants of the compartment. "I figured none of you would have paid enough attention to realize we're only ten minutes from Hogwarts, and should be getting into your school robes."

Her eyes landed on Reagan. "Oh, hello! I'm Lily Evans. I don't think we've met."

"I'm a first year, so I haven't really met anyone. I'm Reagan Potter, by the way."

Lily's face morphed into one of shock. "There's two of them?!" She exclaimed, much to the amusement of the group.

Reagan nodded. "Yes, apparently there is."

Lily blushed, embarrassed by her outburst. "Sorry. Would you like to come with me to get changed into your robes?"

Reagan nodded, standing from her spot next to her brother. "Sure. Be right back," she told the guys, following Lily out the door and into the changing rooms.

Lily got changed into her Gryffindor robes, and Reagan got changed into her plain ones.

"I hope I'm in Gryffindor," Reagan stated, as they walked back to their compartments.

"Hasn't your whole family been Gryffindor?" Lily questioned, looking down at the shorter girl.

Reagan nodded. "Yes, but that's not the only reason I want to be in Gryffindor. That's the house of the brave, and I've always had James to protect me. I feel that if I'm put in Gryffindor, I'll be able to stand up for myself."

•••

Reagan fiddled nervously with the hem of her uniform skirt, impatient as he waits for her name to be called.

"Pharon, Christopher," McGonagall called, and Reagan watched as a boy with cropped chestnut hair and dimples was sorted into Hufflepuff.

McGonogall's face paled at the next name on the list. "Potter, Reagan."

Whispers of "There's another one," and, "One Potter is more than enough," reached her ears as the room went quiet to watch her get sorted.

Reagan stepped up to the stool, and waited impatiently as the transfiguration professor started to lower the sorting hat onto her head. She could see James, Sirius, and Peter waving at her from the red and gold table, which was set between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

As soon as the sorting hat touched her head, it yelled out, "Gryffindor!"

McGonagall groaned inwardly, but smiled when she saw the girl run to her older brother and give him a hug.

Hopefully, she won't be as bad as her brother.

•••

A/N:

Chapter One: Flashback One done and dusted! Sorry it's short, but it is a flashback!

I really do hope you guys like this story! I've always wanted to do a "Fifth Marauder" story!

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME, PLEASE! I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK!

ps: check out my Harry Potter One-Shot; "Always." and tell me what you think of it!