4{Hidden Feelings Revealed} «flashback 2»

•••

Soon, it was Reagan's fourth year at Hogwarts, and she was really starting to grow into her looks. And one certain lanky, shaggy-haired marauder was hyper-aware of this.

Her long, black hair was down to the middle of her back, flowing in gentle waves. Her blue eyes were even brighter than before, and she had grown four inches since first year.

Sirius watched from the window in the boy's dormitory as she walked up the snow-covered hill to the castle, her long black hair whipping behind her in the wind, her eyes - he was amazed he could see them from this far away - were an even brighter blue against her alabaster skin. Her cheeks were slightly pink from the wind, and he wished he could run up to her and kiss them, perhaps make them even more pink.

"What are you looking at, Padfoot?"

Sirius jumped, and turned around, only to see it was only Remus. "Nothin' Moony. Just the snow."

He turned around, and looked back down at Reagan, his heart fluttering as she laughed at something her friend had said.

"Why are you watching Twitchy?"

Sirius jumped, and whirled around to face Remus. "I'm not watching her! I'm simply...er... making sure she doesn't slip on the snow."

Moony nodded his head, unconvinced. "You like her, don't you?"

"More than you will know!" He cried, groaning and sitting down on his bed. "What do I do, Remus? James will kill me if he finds out."

Remus sat down on his bed, which was next to his. "Try talking to James first, Sirius. He's your best friend. What's the worst thing he can do? Ban you from ever dating his sister?"

Sirius glowered up at Remus. "That's exactly what I'm afraid of, Moony." He sighed, falling backwards and throwing an arm over his eyes. "I think I love her."

Remus's eyes widened. "Sirius, then you should really talk to James. If things don't go well, try to make him see the light."

Then, he got up and left his friend to mull over his options.

Should I tell James? Sirius asked himself. Moony's right. The worst thing he could do is ban me from dating her.

Sirius sat up, and went to find Prongs, anxiety crawling up his throat.

He finally found James in the courtyard, where he appeared to be reading a book on Quidditch (sp?😊).

"Prongs? Can I talk to you about something?"

James looked up at his best friend, quirking an eyebrow. "Sure, Padfoot. Shoot."

Sirius cleared his throat, and shuffled his feet nervously. "I...er, uh...you see-"

"You like Reagan, don't you?"

Sirius's head shot up, and he gaped at James. "How did you know?!"

James rolled his eyes, standing from where he was perched on the bench. "You're so bloody obvious, Padfoot. It's a wonder Reagan doesn't know."

Sirius felt his cheeks redden, and he followed James into the castle.

A familiar tinkling laugh reached his ears, making his heart rate speed up considerably.

James smirked at him. "Go get her, Tiger."

"You...you mean...?"

Prongs rolled his eyes. "Padfoot. You like her, and I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure she likes you. Now, go! Before some prick gets to her first!"

James laughed as his friend darted down the hallway, before shaking his head and continuing up to the Gryffindor common room.

He was immediately bombarded with questions from Remus. "Did you kill him? Oh, Merlin! You killed him, didn't you?! Where's his body?! He at least deserves a proper funeral! Unless you chopped-"

"Moony! He's fine! I told him to go for it!"

Remus gaped at his friend. "You... you did?"

James nodded, plopping himself down on the couch. "I did. I knew he liked her for a while now, and I know she likes him. I kind of... er, um, read her diary."

Remus whacked him upside the head with his book. "You read her diary?! James if she finds out you did, she'll murder you!"

James grinned. "She would. But she won't find out, because you're the only one who knows."

Remus glowered at his friend.

"Besides, it's a good thing I did read her diary. Now I know who put that pink hair-dye in my shampoo!"

•••

Sirius spotted Reagan sitting in the library, and he nervously approached her, twisting his hands. "Hey, Ray," he greeted, using his nickname for her.

She looked up, and grinned, blushing slightly. "Hullo, Siri. What brings you to the library? Tired of throwing snowballs at first years?" She chuckled.

He blushed, and sat down across from her at the table. "Uh, I haven't thrown snowballs at first years today. Yet, at least. I actually, uh, wanted to ask you something."

She closed her book, and smiled at him. "Sure. Ask away!"

He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Would you...uh, like to accompany me to Hogsmeade later today?"

Reagan blushed, smiling slightly at the shaggy-haired boy sitting across from her. "I'd love to, Sirius."

"I-I mean, it's okay if you don't- did you just say yes?"

Reagan giggled. "Yes, Sirius! I did say yes."

He grinned, standing and kissing her cheek. "I'll see you in an hour, then!"

With that, he practically skipped through the library, and up to the common room.

His friends took one look at his overjoyed face, before saying; "She said, yes, didn't she?"

Sirius blushed, nodding.

James clapped him on the back, before grabbing the front of his robes and dragging him closer. "You do anything, and I mean anything, to hurt her, Black, I will find you, and I will personally remove your nuts, and feed them to a squirrel. Then I feed you the squirrel. Understand?"

Sirius gulped, nodding furiously.

James grinned, suddenly, releasing his friend's robe. "Good. Have fun on your date then," he said, going up to the boys' dormitory.

•••

Reagan slipped her hand into Sirius's as they made their way up to the common room. Their date had been wonderful, to say in the least. He was the perfect gentlemen: holding doors open, pulling her chair out, paying for their meals and their butter beers.

"I really enjoyed that," she said, her soft voice sending tingles up his spine.

He grinned down at her. "I did, too. We should do it again, next week, maybe?"

She gave his warm hand a quick squeeze. "I'd absolutely love that."

They walked back into the common room, only to see Remus and James wrapped up in a game of Wizard's chess.

James was losing horribly.

Peter was watching them from the armchair, stuffing his face with Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.

They sat down on the sofa, cheering on the two chess players, collapsing into giggles well into the night.

It was ten till midnight when the noise finally died down, and James, Remus, and Peter looked towards the sofa, only to see the other two marauders asleep.

Sirius's arms were wrapped tightly around Reagan's waist, her hand resting on his chest. Her head was leaning against his shoulder, his head leaning on hers.

The three awake marauders "awwed" at them, and snapped a picture with Rea's camera.

Definitely a keeper.