GasterXReader (???)

You both used to work together in the lab. You guys always exchanged different ideas for experiments, spent all day working and laughing. It had been almost a year when he brought up the idea. A creation "The Core," that's what he called it. You didn't like the idea from the beginning, it sounded dangerous. "Please (Y/N), I know it's not the best idea I've had but it'll be the best creation the underground has ever seen."

"You could get hurt Gaster, So can I. What happens if it doesn't turn out the way you expected huh? What do we do then?"

"We've done dangerous things before. This wouldn't be the first time we've risked our lives to discover something or build something."

"So what do you want from me? What are you asking?"

"I'm asking you to trust me (Y/N), You've done it before you can do it again. We'll do this not only for us but for the rest of the underground." he said. You traced your hand over the cracks in his skull. You were worried he would end up with more than just a few cracks and bruises this time around. "Promise you'll be careful." You asked, looking up at him. "I promise, (Y/N)." You nodded. "Fine, I'll help you though. I'm not letting you do this alone."

"I was hoping you would. I didn't expect you to let me work alone, you never have." You laughed and smiled. "We'll start tomorrow though,ok? I'm sure both of us are exhausted right now." he nodded. The creation was going great when you had first started building it. Each day brought more hope that you would both complete it without either of you getting hurt. The final two days though changed it entirely. The creation had messed up somewhere along the way. Systems were failing completely. Alarms were blaring and red lights flashed. "Gaster, what's happening?" You yelled over the sirens. "The core is melting, the systems aren't able to support it. I'm trying to fix it now." he replied. "Do you think it'll work?"

"I don't know, but it's worth a shot." You couldn't see anything besides rapid typing. Panic was evident in your eyes. Your heart was racing and you were watching Gaster intently as he continued to try to fix the system. The building shook almost knocking you over. "(Y/N), you need to get out of here."

"There's no way I'm leaving you here by yourself."

"It's not safe here, you could get hurt and I'm not letting that happen!"

"What about you? Gaster please you can't fix this. We'll work on a new one, a better one just please."

"(Y/N) trust me, I can do this but you need to go before you get hurt." He stopped typing and looked over at you. You sighed and looked up at him. "Alright, fine. Be careful Gaster. I'm not losing you." he nodded and you hugged him quickly. You ran out of the building wiping your eyes. You could still heat the alarms going off. It only took a few more minutes before the building collapsed, sinking into the heap of lava below it. You gasped and your eyes widened, tears filling them. You hated to admit it but you were right. He definitely ended up with more than just a few cracks and bruises. You just never expected it to be this.

A/N~ Alright so I guess that's where I end this one-shot. Don't really know if it turned out good or not but still... I tried. It took me a few times to get the plot line down but I did it dedicated to @ClaraXUndertale hope you liked it. Anyway if you guys want feel free to request something. I know I don't really update much anymore but I still love writing so the more requests the better luv ya guys bai ;) :* :) :P