Chapter 4 - Xbox, Beer and fake ID

My body felt sore, but not excruciatingly so, so I slowly sat up.

“Elliot! Are you alright I saw you crash out the window” A familiar but muffled voice came from behind me. I yanked the helmet off and looked down at my clothes, my white fitted top that I had never worn before had a big grass stain across the front of it. My jeans worn torn at the knee and I had grazed myself on the gravel on the footpath by where I had fallen. My knee stung, but other than that I felt fine.

“I’m fine, I grazed my knee, but unfortunately for the world, I live to torment another day” I groaned, taking Matt’s outstretched hand, he helped pull me to my feet and chucked my arm around his shoulder and began walking to his front door

“Gees, now I know why you don’t drive to school”

I pulled my arm off his shoulder and turned back around, I had to clean up the scooter, catch a bus to the store and home again and do my homework, I didn’t have time for a cheeky asshole teacher who made fun of my driving.

“I have to go, and the brakes failed. Not my driving” I mumbled hobbling down the driveway

“Elliot, let me take a look at that knee first, I insist” Matt warned, running up behind me and stepping in front of me before I could take another step “I was kidding about the driving too, sorry”

“No, I have  got way to many things to do, it’s a graze, I’ll live” I said stepping to the side  as I tried to get passed him, before I could carry on walking however he lifted me over his shoulder and started walking towards his door.

“Mr C…. Matt!!! Put me down, this is completely inappropriate!” I screeched as he opened his front door and walked inside. He set me down on the plush, black leather couch and looked at me, a surprised look on his face

“I’m not trying to murder you Elliot, I am trying to help” and with that he knelt down in front of me and ripped the bottom part of my torn jeans, leaving me with shorts on one leg. He got up and walked away for a few minutes and returned with gauze, antiseptic cream and a bandage.

“Not that these were my favourite jeans or anything, but you could have asked before redesigning them” I huffed loudly as I  looked around the room. Matts house was tidier than you’d expect for a single guy in his 20’s, it was minimalist though, only a few paintings and pictures on the wall. Of course he had all the mod cons most 21st century boys (and girls) were in to. In front of me sat a 50” tv and an xbox 360 as well as a stack of at least 50 games.

“Gamer huh” I noted

“When I get the chance, you?”

“My Gamertag is Bellie69” I said blushing, I was a bit of a gamer, I mean what else did I have to do. I mostly played those first person shooters, the ones where you hear little boys rage about being killed by a girl and cry about how I must be hacking… yeah those ones. I looked back at Matt who’d stopped cleaning my graze. His eyes caught mine and I wondered what I had said to catch him off guard this time. His eyes changed soon enough and began to dance and a smirk pressed upon his face

“69?” he mused

“Blame Ryan, he started the account for me” I replied honestly, I was used to the reaction of the seemingly sexual connotations on the end of my tag, and to be honest it had annoyed me many many times before. I was a pretty wellknown player on some of the more difficult games now though, so it was less of a problem now, that it had been.

“That makes sense”

It was at the moment I became very aware of Matt’s hands on my knee, his left hand cupped the back of my knee, which usually would have had me in fits of laughter because I am insanely ticklish, but the sting of the graze was enough to offset the ticklish feeling.