Prologue

I've been sitting on the edge of the bridge for probably hours now, I don't even know, but who cares anyway. The moonlight and the sounds of the crashing waves beneath me is the only other thing that gives me a feeling of tranquility, besides Lauren.

Lauren, the girl I have been in love with since I started high school, at freshmen orientation. The first thing that drawled me in was her beautiful tiger eyes, and when she began speaking, I was a goner. The way she can easily capture someone's attention with the way she talks and her hand movements when she is very passionate about the topic. She's the most beautiful creation I've ever seen.

We never really talked, just hi's and bye's, when I was one of the few people around her occasionally. She mostly hanged out with her friends Camila,Normani,Dinah, and Ally. They were all cool and nice to everyone. It wasn't until I went to the library and walked to the corner I always read in that I saw Lauren crying. I had comforted her, which she accepted after seeing who I was, and told me she was just stressed from school and being on the softball team.

After that, we became friends. I wasn't really close with the other girls , but they were always friendly.

Thinking about Lauren put a smile to my face. Looking at the time on my phone I decided that it was time that I should probably head home. I didn't hear any cars coming so I just slid my legs around and stretched them out on the road. As I was standing up, I saw a car speeding towards me. I tried getting out the way fast, but there was a car coming down the other side of the rode. Quickly, I jumped towards where I sat to be against the railing, but I pushed my body to hard and ended up toppling over the railing into the water. The current was pushing me too hard and prevented me from reaching the surface. It was becoming hard to breathe and I kept sinking.

I saw a shipment boat coming towards me, so I tried to catch the person on board attention by flailing my arms. The darkness must have prevented them from seeing me and next thing I know, the boat was about to ram into me. I quickly ducked underwater, but not quick enough and the tip of the boat hit me right in the face. My whole body was immovable. I began to sink and water kept filling up my lungs. Black spots started to appear in my vision until I completely shut down.

Darkness. That was the only thing surrounding me. I couldn't tell if my eyes were opened or closed. The emptiness still made me feel like I was drowning. I've never believed in God so I can't say where I am at. Out of nowhere a light appeared. It looked like it was faraway, but coming closer. The incoming light reminded be of the headlights of the car on the bridge. It kept coming until it hit me. And that's when I opened my eyes.

First story wooh🤘🏾 Feedback please