Chapter 5

Next day, Lauren's friends, Normani, Dinah, Ally, and Camila, came over. Me and Lauren were watching more episodes of the Ghost Whisperer when they knocked downstairs. Following Lauren downstairs, as soon as she opened the door, the girls tackled Lauren in a group hug.

"I'm so sorry boo. Everything is going to be okay," Normani said while holding Lauren.

All the girl pulled away and were giving Lauren sympathetic looks.

"What are you guys talking about?" Lauren had a look of confusion on her face.

"What do you mean? What else would we be talking about?" Camila questioned.

"Yeah, you know, Y/N being in the hospital", Dinah further explained.

Lauren gave me a quick glance, and then realization crossed her face.

"Oh, yeah sorry guys, my mind has been all over the place."

It was taking everything in my not to laugh at the expression on her face. She saw me holding back my laugh and quickly glared at me before paying attention to the girls again.

"It's okay sweetie, we know." Ally stepped up giving Lauren a reassuring rub on her shoulders.

"Did you eat yet?" Normani and Dinah asked.

"No, not yet."

"Okay good, neither did we, so we could make something in your kitchen?" Ally offered.

"Sure."

The girls walked towards the kitchen, Camila obviously being the fastest to get there to get food.

All of a sudden, some man with a suit and cigarette hanging from his mouth came out of nowhere. He looked fairly young, maybe around 20, with jet black hair, and some stubble; he kind of had the bad boy style. I was on full alert, thinking he was going to hurt the girls, but they didn't seem to notice him.

"Lauren!" I whispered.

She slightly turned her head towards me so the girls wouldn't notice and lifted her eyebrows in question.

"Do you see that guy over there?" I nodded my head towards his direction.

"What guy?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm going to go see what he wants. He might, you know, be a ghost too."

Lauren was quick to try to grab my wrist, but I just shook my head.

"Don't worry. It not like he could hurt me." Lauren still looked worried. I squeezed her hand a little and gave her a quick kiss before walking up to the guy.

"Yo, who are you?"

"Wassup Y/N?" he said smiling.

"How do you know my name?"

"Because I've been assigned to you."

"Assigned to me for what?"

"Think of me as your spiritual guide."

I just stared at him. What the fuck is he smoking?

"My what?"

"Okay you see, there's this whole other world where spirits, or ghost, reside. Think of it as a sort of purgatory if you will. My organization helps those spirits."

"Help as in what exactly?"

"Spirits exactly in your situation. Those on the brink of death, but not really dead. Those not alive, but not dead. We help you journey back into your body."