Chapter 8

After the disturbing event that occurred, we all decide to end our night and head home. The area is beginning to pile up with arriving police officers and their K-9 unit, trying to track down where Titan went. Everyone is sickly pale from seeing the boy's body and whispers about his death fill the park. We all say a quick bye before going our separate ways. On our way back to the car, Lauren holds my hand tightly and buries her head into my arm like it is the only thing that could keep her stable. As we reach the car, I open the passenger door for her. She gives me a small smile before getting into the car. I close the door and get in on the drivers side. I start the car, but stop and look over at Lauren.

"Hey," I say softly to catch her attention. She looks over at me with a blank face.

"Are you going to be okay?" I ask.

She looks down and gives a small nod. I don't say anything and put the car in drive. I take her hand, kissing it, hoping it would help her relax. Her shoulders loosen up a bit and she rubs her thumb across my hand, but doesn't say a word. The ride back home is silent, the only sound coming from the rain that just began to come down. Pulling into the garage, I see that Thomas's car isn't there so he's probably still out with Liyah. I turn the car off and look over at Lauren and see that she is already looking at me.

"Do you think that I could probably stay the night?" she asks in almost a whisper.

"Yeah, sure," I tell her.

I look over her face and taking in the sad but also scared expression covering it. I lean over the dash and kiss her. I didn't try to deepen it, but I put a lot of meaning into it. We stay like that a few seconds before I pull pack and lay my forehead against hers. She sighs deeply, before cupping my jaw with her hand and pecking my lips one more time.

"Thank you," she whispers.

I nod and plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Let's go," I say, before we head inside of my house.

Lauren holds my hand as we walk inside, and looks around the place.

"Come on, my room is upstairs," I tell her, motioning my head towards the staircase.

Reaching my room, Lauren lets go of my hand to walk around and look at everything. Earlier, I had put some posters and pictures up on the walls to make it look like my old room. She stops at a picture of the both of us during our freshmen year. We were in gym class and Lauren was sitting on my back as I was laying on the floor, too lazy to put in any effort. I was laughing and she was smiling big at the camera. Dinah had taken the picture and sent it to us.

"I remember this day," Lauren says, chuckling, "your lazy ass collapsed on the floor after one lap around the gym."

"Hey, I was tired," I say, laughing back at the memory.

She shakes her head laughing at me, seemingly feeling better.

"Oh, I forgot to tell my mom that I'm here. She's probably going apeshit after seeing the news," Lauren hurriedly dials her moms number.

While Lauren is on the phone, I phase into some boxers and a t-shirt, and flop onto the bed. I hear Lauren say goodbye to her mom before she looks over at me with a confused expression.

"When did you change?" she asks.

"A minute ago. Ghost powers...remember?"

"Oh yeah, I have to get used to that. Is there anything I could wear?"

I nod and walk over to my draw, pulling out some shorts and tank top for her. I pass them over and go back to laying down. Turning my head over to look at Lauren, I see that she is changing in the middle of the room while looking at me. I look up and down her body, my jaw dropping at how sexy she is, causing a teasing smirk to form on her face. I quickly snatch a pillow and cover my face, making Lauren giggle. A couple of seconds later, she jumps on top of me, removing the pillow, and wraps her arms around me. I circle my arms around her waist and make small little shapes on her lower back with my finger. She sighs and shivers, before kissing my neck.