Chapter 4

"So, do you have any ideas on how to fix your situation?" Lauren asked.

I sighed. "No fucking idea."

We are currently in Lauren's room, on her bed, trying to think of ways to bring me back into my body. I'm laying my head on her lap, while she combs her fingers through my hair. We've been in this position for probably a hour and a half now.

"Hey, why don't we binge watch the Ghost Whisperer? Maybe we could try some of the things that the woman does," Lauren came up with.

I just stared at her like really bruh.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't see you coming up with any ideas."

"Fine, let's just watch it." I'm just about ready to roll with anything right now.

I'm so confused with this whole ghost thing. Why can't I just go back into my body? Why is Lauren the only one who could see me? How the hell am not going through her bed right now?

I sat up and brushed my fingers through my hair feeling stressed out. Lauren saw this and wrapped her arms around my neck from behind, pulling me closer to her.

"Don't worry, we'll fix this."

This affection that she was showing me was so new. I stayed quiet, just savoring the fact that this beautiful human actually liked me.

"I'm happy I've got you by my side through this. If I didn't, I'd probably go insane," I said, turning around and wrapping my arms around her waist. She gave me a big goofy smile and pecked my lips repeatedly causing me to laugh at her. 

"Ok, I'm going to get some snacks for our Ghost Whisperer marathon. You want anything?"

"No thanks, I'm not really hungry."

"But you didn't eat anything all day."

"I don't know. It's probably a ghost thing. I'm not exactly alive, so I most likely won't feel hungry."

"True. Ok, I'll be right back." She pecked my lips one more time before getting up.

As soon as she walked out, I got up to put Netflix on the TV. When I went to power the TV on, it went crazy. The screen started to flash and become staticky. I furrowed my brow in confusion. Pulling my hand back it went back to a black screen. Bringing my hand close to the TV, it went batshit crazy again.

"This is some freaky shit."

Hearing the door close, I turned around to see Lauren with a glass a milk and Oreos. She paused when she saw me close to the TV and it repeatedly flashing.

"Um, what the hell you did to my TV?", she asked me with one eyebrow quirked up.

"I didn't do anything. I just went to turn it on and then this happened."

"Don't tell me I have to tell my parents I broke the TV", she groaned.

"No no, look."

I showed her what happened earlier with bringing my hand closer and farther from the TV, making it go crazy and back to normal. She just stared like she was in a trance.

"That's fucking cool."

She walked over to leave the Oreos and milk on her desk near the bed, and came to me.

"Could you do it again?" she asked me looking like an excited child.

I giggled at her and kissed her cheek.

"Sure."

I did it again, but now actually putting a finger on the TV screen.

"Wow, it's like you have super powers." She leaned on me trying to look even closer.