Chapter 3

Arriving at the hospital, I instantly started feel a pull. It felt like something was calling me.

"She's right this way Mr. and Mrs. Y/LN", the officer said directing my parents to a room down the hallway.

Following them, the pull started to get stronger. Entering the room, all we heard was the beeping from the different machinery. Laying in front of us was me, well my body anyway.

"Oh my", Mom gasped as soon as she saw my body. Her knees buckled, but Dad caught her before she fell. They both had tears leaking down their faces.

"What happened to her?", Dad asked the officer.

"I'm sorry, but we believe that she tried to commit suicide"

What the fuck. I'm not suicidal. I'm not even depressed. 

"Suicide! That's impossible!", Mom yelled.

"That's what it looks like. She jumped of the bridge but, she survived the fall and was hit hard in the head by something. Has she been showing any signs of depression?"

"No, she was perfectly fine. She's moody, but that's how teenagers are", Dad said.

"Well she probably hid how she felt or something happened to her yesterday."

"Nothing happened. She came home the same time she normally does and goes to her room. Same thing she does everyday."

"Do you know what she does her room?"

"She usually plays music or watches TV, she likes to have her privacy so we don't snoop much", Mom said.

"Did you guys not see her leave the house?"

"No"

"Could it be possible that she sneaked out"

Mom and Dad looked at each other and nodded. Their shoulders slumped looking ashamed. I felt devastated knowing that they think it was their fault that this happened.

"Okay, well, I'll leave you guys alone", the officer said before walking out.

Mom and Dad went to bring chairs next to the bed and held my body's hand while I looked over the damage done. I had a scar going from the top of my forehead above my right eyebrow all the way down to below my left eye. There were bruises and small cuts decorating my whole body. It looked like battled with the devil. If the monitor wasn't showing my pulse, anyone would believe that I was dead.

A sound of the door crashing open pulled me out of my observation. Lauren stood in the doorway with light sweat covering her forehead and her cheeks flushed. Her hair was all over the place, probably from her putting her hand through it so much with all the stress. She was just staring at my body and it seemed like she was in a daze. Not even blinking, like she was frozen.

"Lauren?", Mom said.

That woke her up out of her daze and tears began falling. She ran to my parents, hugging them and crying.

My parents knew about my friendship with Lauren and often saw her around the house when she came over to talk. They're practically friends too.

"What happened? The news said they found her body-", Lauren started to get choked up, but continued, "and then they were saying that they made a mistake and that she was alive."