1: The News

{All speaking out loud in dragonese will be in italics and all speaking in dragonese by telepathy will be underlined as well.}

10 years later (present day)

Dawn's POV:

I just love this feeling; the wind rushing through my hair whilst I am soaring amidst the sky with my best friend. I just feel so free! 10 years have passed since I first met Evenstar and yet it still feels like it was only yesterday when we first met. My father was ,surprised, to say the least when I introduced the two.

It happened by accident as my dad wasn't supposed to learn about my reptilian best friend. It so happened that I was stargazing in that same clearing (I was 15 at the time) and me being so distracted by how much my life had turned around had forgotten to go home on time, so my dad knowing exactly where I would be he came to find me.

When my dad walked into the clearing looking for me, he expected to find anything but me cuddled up to Evestar. So what did he do? Well, he did my stereotypical dad thing of awkwardly sneezing then fainting. It's a common occurrence for my dad to react like this when in shock, and to be honest, it's completely hilarious! Dad never sneezes, at all, unless he is actually genuinely shocked then the sheer force of his monster sneeze causes him to faint and then wake up about ten minutes later. After recovering from my nervous laughter due to the fact of my father finding out something that no one was ever supposed to know I got Evestar to carry my dad back home and sit him down in his chair until he woke up and let's just say I was in for another fit of giggles!

In fact, I can't help but laugh when i recall his facial expression, with his eyes popping out of his sockets his jaw dropped to the extent that you could fit a chair inside! Not to mention the way his bushy eyebrows merged with his hairline. I had never before seen my dad look so ... so hilarious. It looked like he had just seen his best friend marry a yak whilst eating pickled onions and dancing to the sound of songbirds! Consequently, this caused me, being only fifteen at the time to end up rolling around on the floor in tears and out of breath after laughing so much. However, this only made my dad's reaction worse as my laugh is sometimes silent, and since my dad has never seen me really laugh he thought I was undergoing some sort of seizure and ending up getting off his chair and running around in a circle repeatedly saying "My daughter has a pet dragon and is dying because of the hoo - loo - ma - choo - voo fairies!"Of course only making this whole unlikely circumstance all the more funny. Thinking about it I still don't know what those hoo - loo - ma - choo - voo fairies are now even, i must ask him.

Anyway , these shenanigans persisted for about half an hour until I finally managed to pick myself up off the floor, gather a more stable and calm demeanor, before sitting my father down is his chair, explaining it all to him meanwhile brewing him a herbal remedy to help reduce his shock. I explained how we met that one night in star cle-

"What are you thinking about now."Evestar suddenly asked, almost causing me to fall off her saddle in shock as I was broken out of my blissful state, thus encouraging a snigger from Evestar telling me that she knew all along that I was recalling the past and that she just felt like scaring me a little.

"Odin's beard, Eve! Why must you do that?!"I exclaimed still reeling in the shock of almost plummeting to my death.

"Why must you always dwell on the past O' Great Dragon Master?"Eve teasingly replied.

"Haha, very funny, calling me by that name again are we? Well, I suppose those Salmon I caught you for dinner might just slip their way into the cooking pot with some of their eel friends."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh, I dare!"

With that Eve began tossing and turning all over the place spiralling around, suddenly dropping here and then trying to shake me off her back.