7: EVEntful Occurrences

{All speaking out loud in dragonese will be in italics and all speaking in dragonese by telepathy will be underlined as well.}

Dawn's POV:

"... and this is mine and Hiccup's house." Stoick finished, as we ended up outside his house, "feel free to come here whenever you need anything, whether it be help or advice." and with that, he winked and wore the same weird expression. It was beginning to get a little unnerving.

I was broken out of my thought - induced stupor by a piercing whistle coming from Stoick. At first, I was confused as to what he was doing, that was until I saw a Rumblehorn approaching with a bulky saddle, that didn't exactly look that streamlined ( however I will admit the craftsmanship that went into the wood carving was very splendidly done). I'll never understand why people choose unstreamlined saddles - they just slow you down. Quite literally. Maybe they just don't think about stuff like that.

"This is Skullcrusher, he's a mighty beast, isn't he? Now, I think it is the time that we introduce everyone to your dragon, don't you?" Stoick exclaimed, whilst Skullcrusher nuzzled his side.

Stoick and I walked to my house, as it was only about five minutes away and we both agreed that it would be a bit weird to ride on the same dragon, considering we had only just really met. On the way, Stoick told me many funny stories about Hiccup, including the one about when he was given a tiny axe as a child, however used it as a paperweight instead of for fighting, and about the time when Hiccup got midnight sun madness when he was six and decided to prance about the village in some of his mother's old clothes proclaiming that it was his destiny to become a dancer. I will definitely have to tease him about that one later!

By this point, we had reached my house and Stoick waited outside whilst i went to get Evestar.

"Hey Eve, are you ready to go flying ?" I asked as I walked through the main door grinning, I couldn't wait to get up in the air again. Soon after I heard a series of multiple crashes before Eve galloped into the main room like Snotlout chasing after a piece of mutton. In her mouth, she held her saddle and her tail thumped repeatedly against the floor.

"You bet I am!" She replied, as I quickly saddled her up and hopped on. Apparently, she took this action to jump down take flight immediately, almost causing me to fall off.

Stoick soon joined us in the air and we flew off towards the academy.

Hiccup's POV:

All of the gang and I had gone to the arena with our dragons straight after breakfast, eager to see what breed of dragon Dawn had. Toothless was hanging upside down from the roof, asleep.

"I bet it's a monstrous nightmare, after all, they are by far the best breed of dragon and if so we would totally go on monstrous nightmare dates together!" Boasted Snotlout.

"I highly doubt that she would go out with you, even if she had a monstrous nightmare Snotlout." Replied Astrid.

"No no, you've got it all wrong a monstrous nightmare doesn't fit her personality, she is going to have something loyal, intelligent, playful and deadly" interrupted Fishlegs.

"Well, i think she has a pet yak with wings!" Shouted Tuff.

We all just gawped at him incredulously.

Whatever, the breed she has, I'm sure it will be something special, after all, such a special person as Dawn is bound to have a special dragon. It was at that point two shadows soared over the top of the arena before two dragons and riders shot through the entrance of the arena and landed before us.

My jaw dropped.

I couldn't believe my eyes!

There before me was my dad hysterically laughing on Skullcrusher next to Dawn sitting on a NIGHT FURY!

I HAD FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER ONE!

"Are you okay Hiccup?" Dawn asked, now dismounted and standing in front of me whilst waving her hands a little and giggling. I just adore her giggle! My cheeks blushed red, as I realised I had been staring with my mouth wide open again. She's going to think I'm some simple - minded idiot!

Dawn's POV:

Hiccup had been staring blankly at Evestar for some time now.

"Are you okay Hiccup?" I asked

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay, just - YOU HAVE A NIGHT FURY!" Hiccup stuttered.

"Yep,"I replied

"But seriously ... YOU HAVE A NIGHT FURY!" he repeated.

"Yes, I am well aware of that," I replied, amused.

"A NIGHT FURY"

"No, really? I thought it was a terrible terror!" came my sarcastic reply, teasing Hiccup.

"Oh, shut up you." Hiccup responded jokingly while rolling his eyes, "Do you realise how big this is? It means that Toothless isn't the only one left!"

At hearing his name Toothless suddenly woke up and hopped down, only to come face to face with Evestar.

They both froze.

Slowly, they both approached each other, sniffing the other curiously. They mirrored the others actions before showing each other their tails. Suddenly, they started bouncing around like baby dragons, their excitement evident on their faces, with their gummy smiles beaming.

"Ok, ok, calm down bud." Hiccup told Toothless, laughing at his dragons silly antics. Toothless only responded by bounding up Hiccup and wagging his tail frantically, it thumping regularly on the floor, kicking up a small dust cloud. "I know bud! You're not the only one left! We found you a buddy, bud!" Hiccup exclaimed, now guffawing at his giddy dragon. To this, Toothless pounced on Hiccup, knocking him onto the floor and repeatedly licked him, covering him in a coat of viscous saliva. "Toothless! You know that doesn't wash out!" Hiccup whined from under his dragon.

Meanwhile, I was busy laughing so hard that my cheeks were beginning to hurt.

"So you think this is funny, do you?" a mischievous voice remarked in my head.

What .....

...

OH THOR HELP ME!

It was then that Evestar jumped on me and i was soon in the same situation as Hiccup - trapped on the floor by my excited night fury, covered in dragon saliva and surrounded by people just laughing at my predicament.

What a day!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again,

Well here is another spiel of waffle,

Hope you enjoyed and let me know what you think

Crow Dragonsong :)