Florida (Camila/you)

Y/N POV:

My grandparents decided to bring me along to the new condo in Florida for the weekend, but they said I could bring a friend. I've always wanted to hang out with my crush, but things never worked out. Now is the perfect opportunity. I pulled out my phone and texted my crush, Camila.

To: Cam🌺

Hey Camila! I know this is really random, but I was wondering if you'd like to come with my grandparents and I to Florida for the weekend? I always used to say we would hang out but we never did, but I figured this would be the perfect opportunity. I know we don't talk much, but I'd really like to get to know you better. :)

I can't believe I just did that. I'm freaking out now. I should calm down, though. I mean... she rejected me several times before. She probably won't be able to go. That's what she always said.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated. I jumped up and immediately unlocked the screen to read her reply.

From: Cam🌺

Hey Y/N! Omg I would love to go! Like you said, we don't talk much, but I'm always up for getting to know people. Thank you so much for inviting me! I'll go ask my dad to make sure. ;)

My heart just skipped a beat. I must be imagining this. There's no way she actually said yes. Okay find you chill. Find your chill. Wait. TEXT HER BACK.

To: Cam🌺

Awesome! Can't wait till Friday:) see ya then!

After that, I shut off my phone and started packing. Wow. I can only imagine what's going to happen.

~~~~time skip to Friday~~~~

School had just ended and we were bringing Camila home with us. The plan was to go home and change, then hit the road. I was waiting outside of school for Camila when I saw her walk out talking to some friends. She turned in my direction and our eyes met. She smiled, and I smiled back. She then waved to her friends and walked over in my direction with her bags.

"Hey, Y/N!" She said excitedly.

"Hi, Camila. You got it all?" I asked.

"Yeah I think so."

"Here let me help you," I offered, grabbing one of her bags and sliding my arm through the strap.

"Thanks," she said, turning away. For a second I thought I saw her blush, but it's probably just my imagination.

Just then, my grandpa pulled up in his white Range Rover. We put our bags in the back then I went around and opened the door for Camila. She thanked me then I climbed in right behind her.

When we got to my grandparents' house, we changed then put our bags in the back of the bus. It's not actually a bus, it's sort of like a smaller version of a bus with really nice recliner seats and a lounge area in the back.

"So I'm gonna guess that your family certainly isn't poor?" Camila asked, laughing a little.

"Of course not. Get in, girl."

The ride was about 4 hours, so we had tons of time to kill. We went to the back lounge area and she noticed my ukulele.

"You play the ukulele?" She asked.

"Yes. Is that surprising?" I asked, smiling.

"Honestly, a little. It's so cute. Like a tiny guitar," she gushed at the small instrument.

After, we decided to play a round of 20 questions to get to know each other better. She looked up a list and we agreed to go down the list answering them.