2

My head throbbed when I manage to force my eyelids open again, only enhancing the excruciating pain I experienced as bright lights burned my vision. I groaned, burying my face in my palms as I turned over from my side to my stomach, easing the aching pains in my every limb.

It was only then I realised that whatever I was lying upon was actually rather uncomfortable. For my own sake, I pried my arms from my face, and use what little strength I had left of me to sit myself up. I rubbed my eyes rather dazedly, attempting to recollect what I'd last remembered.

Aaron.

Aaron and Annie in the car.

'The Beatles.'
I read from a sign I could see on the door of whatever room I was in, triggering some vague recollections.

I sat on an old leather sofa in the corner of a small, cream coloured room. Aside from the couch, the bare room possessed nothing more than a transparent coffee table and a fern.

I rose from the sofa in a rather perplexed state.
Where on earth was I? I didn't recognise this place in the slightest.
I saw no better option that to simply leave and search for what answers I was seeking.
For instance: what happened?

I reached for the door handle, admiring 'The Beatles' sign hung to it as I opened it and stepped through. Strangely enough, the sign alone fulfilled me with a slight sense of comfort and reassurance.

I closed the door delicately behind me, cautious not to make a single peep to disturb anybody as God only knew where I was, or what the consequences of me even having left that room would have been.

For a while, I wandered through corridor after corridor, disorientated and confused, my only sense of serenity: the sign I'd seen. Surely I was somewhere safe? But as time passed, I feared I was becoming more and more lost, hiding and creeping in and out of sight from any passers by. I felt it was time to stop and ask somebody. All I had to do was act like nothing was the matter, to fit in, and play it cool until I figured a thing or two out. How hard could that be, right?

More difficult than to would anticipate actually.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps up ahead, inclining closer upon me, bubbling a slightly nauseous feeling in my stomach. I knew that as they took that every step further, I felt the chances of me actually asking them for assistance shrinking, until they were no more.
I sighed as I intensely concealed myself in a dip in the wall, standing in a fixed and static state; I didn't even dare breath until whoever passed was out of sight, and once again I was alone.

I sank to the ground against the wall in sheer devastation. By this point, a part of me would have even been hopeful if Aaron's face was to show up and explain to me what was happening.
But perhaps that was a slight over exaggeration?

It was just as I was so close to giving up I heard a faint and familiar voice from near by, giving me a shred of hope, and causing me to scrape myself instantly from the floor to follow.

I traced the voice for a while, though it was only when I drew close enough I realise whoever it was was actually singing, and quite beautifully at that.
Eventually, I began to hear more than just once sole voice. Backup singers?

I followed the mysterious route of which the voices led me, until what was merely muffled noises became distinct lyrics.

"And the same goes for me whenever you want me at all, I'll be here, yes I will, whenever you call-"

I felt a cold chill run down my spine, as that voice was all too familiar. Those lyrics were all too familiar.

"You just gotta call on me, yeah, you just gotta call on me."