32

Almost like a vision of Leonardo DiCaprio, I was faced with the dusty blonde hair and blue eyes of the boy I'd met just last week at the release party.

"Is that you or am I making a complete idiot of myself right now?" He asked, a slight redness averting to his fresh cheeks.

"Oh my, y-yes." I blurted, utterly dumbfounded. "What are you doing here?"

He tilted his head slightly, in the sort of manner of a puppy, and bit down gently on his lip with a youthful glow.

"I-um- I work here."

"Since when?" I protested, slightly more defensively than intended.

"Since a while now." He laughed softly.

"But you never-"

"I never had the chance." He beamed.

My frantic gazes must have appeared quite a show to him as he seemed thoroughly amused. In all fairness, although perhaps it may have been a coincidence to see him again, who was I to be so tormented by it when, I don't know, I'd been hurled back fifty years or so?

"So," I released a (forced) chuckle in hope to break the ice. "Um-"

"I'm sorry again for hitting you with the door there." He interjected, apparently oblivious to the quiet self suffering of awkward silence I endured.

He scratched his head, in which I noticed his hair was slightly curly today, as opposed to its slick and formal appearance at the party; less tame, and more free.

"It's cool- uh, I mean, it's-"

"I'm glad we're okay about that then." He laughed. "So do you work here too?"

"You could say that." I smiled.

"Really?" His face rose, astounded. "Crazy we haven't bumped into each other before then Grace."

"Yeah, which reminds me." I pondered. "What is it you do here, um-"

Had he already told me his name? Was I rude to ask? He seemed to remember mine. Oh no, I-

"Hey Gracie!" A cheery voice called tirelessly from behind, unmistakably, belonging to none other than Paul upon return, bringing utter relief to my drumming heart.

I glanced across my shoulder to admire the gleaming image of excitement racing towards me, more or less thankful to have a friendly face to remedy the crumbling mess of a reacquaintance I was making.

"I've got some news for you love." He poked my shoulder playfully.

"What?"

"Well I just spoke to Jane and-"

"Actually, hold that thought." I interjected, a slight taste of bitter sweet victory to finally be the one to press pause on Paul.

"What?" He pouted.

"I need to tell you the craziest thing." I smiled. "So there was this guy-"

"What guy?" He shot darkly.

"Just listen." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, so I met him at the release party, and you'll never guess what, the most peculiar thing just happened-"

"Grace-" He pawed.

"Shh!" Brushed him off. "Anyway, so just as you left before, I got hit with this door and I-"