19

Friday October 11th 1963

I hadn't seen John again since the birthday fiasco, nor had I told George what had happened on that very day, as I was still so unsure myself.

Glumly, I rolled out of bed and forced my limp body down the stairs for breakfast. Only to my surprise, it seemed George was of chirpier moods this morning, as fortunately our heated relationship had finally simmered down since John's birthday.

"Happy one month Grace!" He glowed, flipping a pancake with a breezy smile as I entered.

"One month?" I took a seat at the kitchen table. "Excuse me?"

"One month since you arrived of course!" Chuckled George, using a spatula to peel the pancake carefully onto a plate.

I gave him a peculiar look.
For some strange reason, I felt I was forgetting someth-

"Oh god!" I gasped. "A month?"

George's head cocked immediately at my sudden outburst, a concerned and confounded frown upon his countenance.

"I completely forg-" I trailed off, unable to believe it had slipped my mind.

George set the plate down in front of me, and handed me the fork.

I smiled and nodded, my other hand clasped in my hair. "Thanks."

"No problem." He winked before returning to the frying pan to make another.

I set my fork down, no longer hungry, and contemplated as I listened to the sound of the pan sizzle.

How could I forget that I didn't belong here?
I had so much back home I needed to deal with, yet astonishingly, it had slipped my mind.

I had a family, my whole life ahead of me.

I was going to get married.

I was going to get married to...
Ashton? Allen? Ar- Arnold?

Oh, what was his name?

Why couldn't I remember?

"Are you okay Grace?" George took notice of my distressed expression, as the terror of memory loss was becoming a reality for me.

"Yes." I croaked meekly. "I was just thinking about m- my wedding, to..."

I paused.

"Yes?" George waited for me to finish.

"To - er - um,"

"You know, if thinking about Aaron is causing you so much strain, just forget about it for a while, ay?" He suggested kindly.

Aaron.

It felt like a sensational lightbulb moment as the familiar yet spine-shivering name echoed through my empty mind.
I think I'd taken the term 'forget about it for a while' to its extreme.
I was finished with forgetting, I wanted no more of it. I had to keep myself focused before I forgot my life completely.

"Think about the good old days spent with the Beatles instead." He continued, snapping me out of my internal, frantic hysteria.

I almost snorted at the phrase 'good old days', as I'd only experienced a minimal number of good days; I was still yet to master finding a balance between the boys to appease them all.
And, speaking of them, surely I couldn't blame myself for forgetting my old life! Right? As there was an awful lot going on in 1963, just as much as I'd had before when dealing with my miserable life as the future Mrs Aaron.
So much had happened this past month alone, it sure felt a hell lot longer than four weeks; I dreaded to think where I'd be in another month's time.
If I was even still here for that much longer.